Straight Outta the Camera

brianT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.briantolin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been experimenting with methods to optimize photos to reduce post-processing because I usually do some editing. These photos are straight out of the camera --> Nikon D90 (well except for downsizing for web and adding my logo). I used a combination of polarizing filter, graduated neutral density filter, flash, and long exposure.

1) Duffey Lake area in fall
Duffey_Hwy_01.jpg

2) Duffey Lake highway north of Whistler, British Columbia
Duffey_Hwy_02.jpg

3) Duffey Lake, British Columbia
Duffey_Lake_01.jpg

4) Duffey Lake, British Columbia
Duffey_Lake_02.jpg

5) Highway 99 near Mount Currie, British Columbia
Hwy99.jpg

6) One Mile Lake, Pemberton, British Columbia
One_Mile_Lake_01.jpg

7) River near Whistler, British Columbia
River_01.jpg

8) River near Whistler, British Columbia
River_02.jpg

9) River near Whistler, British Columbia
River_03.jpg

10) Mount Garibaldi, Squamish, British Columbia
Mt_Garibaldi.jpg

Great atmosphere in #5.

Nice pictures... liking that ultra wide Sigma no doubt?

These are really well done. I especially enjoy #'s 7&8. I love whispy river and the big solid trees. Kudos. :thumbup::thumbup:

I wish there were mountains in Missouri. :(

Bit advanced for the Beginners' Forum no? :p

Excellent work man, I'd be pretty happy if I achieved this level of landscape/nature photography one day :thumbup:

Very nice for sooc. The only edits that would jump out at me, is in the first few. The back mountains seem hazy. I would just paint in a little contrast or burn in a little perhaps.

IMO you've got some good work here (except #5, 7 and 10), but it looks like you need some additional filters, # 2, 4, 10.

Specifically UV filters that will deal with haze. If you are using a slim CPL filter you likely cannot stack a haze filter on the front of it (no threads).

Thanks for sharing.

Great atmosphere in #5.

Nice pictures... liking that ultra wide Sigma no doubt?
Yup. :)

Wow I love those, the only reason I don't do this is apparently the effects don't show through on raw, is this correct?
It depends on what raw converter you use. I use Nikon and Capture NX2 therefore the photo will display in NX exactly as shot. If your camera settings are not preserved in a certain raw converter you could always generate a jpg in camera to preserve what was shot.

Very nice for sooc. The only edits that would jump out at me, is in the first few. The back mountains seem hazy. I would just paint in a little contrast or burn in a little perhaps.
I think all the photos can use some small edits including what you mentioned.

I really like #6 (including that decking in the shot made it for me) and 7. #2 is just slightly ruined for me because of that street sign.
I included the highway sign because I felt it 'tells the story' about the road a little. That being 40 km/h twisty section. This road is very hilly and twisty. I have a version without the sign though.

Brian
It must be difficult to live near where you live. I can see why you do not want to waste time editing, I am not sure editing will help. JK!!!

They are beautiful sooc, but I am sure some editing would make them outstanding. I do not know too many who could shoot sooc and get your results, nicely done.

idk why but to me they look a little hdr-ish o.o

Most reactions

New Topics

Back