strange scene

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out walking in the woods today and I came accross something very strange. I found a site where someone had been living in a tent. There were a lot of signs of a child staying there as well, toys, clothes, books and other items. The site has been abandoned for several weeks but everything was left behind, including the large dome tent.

The fact that someone had a young child living in the woods concerned me enougth to call the police which immediatly sent an officer out to take a look. He didn't say much except that it was sucspicious and he would file a report, I guess that is all anyone could have done. Here a few photographs from the first time I was there.

camp60tp.jpg

camp26ch.jpg

camp14eb.jpg

camp32zw.jpg

camp46vt.jpg

camp59ry.jpg

the rural homeless. i've seen this before.
well captured...thanks for sharing.

Excellent series. I too have seen stuff like this near my area. I still have a guilty feeling when I go near it, like Im intruding on them somehow.
Great job on this series. You have made it feel like we were there with you.

kind of creepy... you captured the scene very well. I came upon an abandoned camp like this one day while out hiking a couple miles from the Mexico border. there wasn't any kid stuff around - just food, camping stuff, and about a dozen large bales of what turned out to be drugs. (we reported it to the border patrol) i didn't have my camera that day to take photos, but i think they would have portrayed a similar uneasiness as these have. Crazy what you can find while wandering so close to home...

Thanks guys,

The more I think about this the more I find it unsettling. I can think of half a dozen reasons why someone would be living in the woods with a child, but what I can't figure out is why they left everything behind. The tent still had the poles in it and they had things hanging up to dry. Not to mention the large amount of childrens and womens clothing that was left, track pants, T-shirts, shoes, underwear. It doesn't make any sense.

maybe social services stepped in and took immediate action.

looks like it had been abandoned for quite a while....I wonder if you can get an update from the police to see if they found anything....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back