Street Photography in the ATL C&C

nmasters

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, I tried street photography for the first time yesterday!
These were all taken at Little Five Points in Atlanta, Georgia.
Let me know what you think. Thanks guys.
My main goal was to capture people.

ATL by nico418, on Flickr

ATL-2 by nico418, on Flickr

ATL-6 by nico418, on Flickr

ATL-4 by nico418, on Flickr

ATL-7 by nico418, on Flickr

you need to blur the liscence(sp?) plates... you can get in trouble for not blurring them..

you need to blur the liscence(sp?) plates... you can get in trouble for not blurring them..

Oh ok. Will do.

i got introuble online because of that.... nayway i like your pictures alot! they are really cool they have got interesting subjects! urban photography is my favorite because it is "unique" and i think you did good at showcasing that....

I'm not really a big fan of street photography, nor do I really understand it well enough to critique it, AS street photography.

I do like #4 and #5, as candid portraits. I especially like #4; there's something about #5 that bothers me a bit, but I'm not quite sure what it is...could be the contrast; the background seems too similar to the subject, imo. But I do like the composition and the "character" of your subject really comes across. IMO.

On another note, I lived in Atlanta for quite a few years. Five Points is definitely a great place to capture shots of "interesting" looking folks!!

Nice shots. #5 looks like he was surprised at you taking the picture. #1 looks like just a snapshot, which is not really a bad thing. it just doesn't look as planned out as the others. but regardless...good shots all around.

I'm not really a big fan of street photography, nor do I really understand it well enough to critique it, AS street photography.

I do like #4 and #5, as candid portraits. I especially like #4; there's something about #5 that bothers me a bit, but I'm not quite sure what it is...could be the contrast; the background seems too similar to the subject, imo. But I do like the composition and the "character" of your subject really comes across. IMO.

On another note, I lived in Atlanta for quite a few years. Five Points is definitely a great place to capture shots of "interesting" looking folks!!

Thanks for your critique!

Nice shots. #5 looks like he was surprised at you taking the picture. #1 looks like just a snapshot, which is not really a bad thing. it just doesn't look as planned out as the others. but regardless...good shots all around.

Thank you.

Oh ok. Will do.

i got introuble online because of that.... nayway i like your pictures alot! they are really cool they have got interesting subjects! urban photography is my favorite because it is "unique" and i think you did good at showcasing that....

Thanks! I agree that urban photography is unique.

I don't know a whole lot about street photography at all so 1 and 3 don't do anything for me. I think I just don't get it. To me 1 & 3 are just random shots. But I do Like 2 because of all the textures. I don't like how it leads me to a meaningless building though. I like the emotion in 4 & 5. I wish there wasn't that car in #4 it is a little distracting. Also I would like to see more on the side the subject is looking. #5 there is a lot of dead space above his head. I would have liked to see this shot horizontal to get his elbow and the other hand.

What lens and focal length was used for #2?

Oh ok. Will do.

I don't understand how you can get in trouble for license plates?
You can't get in legal trouble for the license plates.

The cars are out in public whenever they are being driven on the roads.

Notice that photog4life provides zero details about "i [sic] got introuble online because of that....you [sic] can get in trouble for not blurring them."

Just one more of the hundreds of un-true, perpetuated by ignorance and lack of critical thinking, internet urban legends.

Notice that photog4life provides zero details about "i [sic] got introuble online because of that....you [sic] can get in trouble for not blurring them."

Just one more of the hundreds of un-true, perpetuated by ignorance and lack of critical thinking, internet urban legends.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I was going to be very surprised if someone could actually validate this. I kinda wanted to hear the reasoning. I started to write what you did about them being in public view all the time but thought hearing the explanation would be more fun. People blur their plates on car forums all the time and I don't understand it....the plate is on your car all the time in public view how does a picture on the internet change anything. lol.

Scuba said:
I was going to be very surprised if someone could actually validate this. I kinda wanted to hear the reasoning. I started to write what you did about them being in public view all the time but thought hearing the explanation would be more fun. People blur their plates on car forums all the time and I don't understand it....the plate is on your car all the time in public view how does a picture on the internet change anything. lol.

I was thinking the same thing! It's not like someone on here is gonna report me or something.

supposedly you can easily get find info about it... facebook took it off my page...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back