1 - Fill the frame with the mailbox more, it's got a nice antique patina look to it with nice textures, use that. Get the new-ish looking post out of the photo...ruins the antique look of the mailbox. What's the house behind the mailbox look like? Is it old? Is it worn down much like the mailbox? Maybe use that off in the background, showing a mid-western old farm/ranch house & depth photo. Like the places you see the retards on "American Pickers" go to...great Americana homes & items, the "hosts" ruin the show. lol (but I digress)
I tried to PP the post but I could not keep the wood grain at all. I only us an online editing program. No house behind the mail box just woods.
2 - I like the subject, old bird houses (fallen) with a dead tree/bush behind it (showing age) with the hope of new life in front of it via the flowers; I like the DoF too. Maybe get in closer & tighter. The yucca on the left is distracting and the subject(s) don't fill the frame enough IMO.
I had no idea what yucca was had to google that.
and yes tighter would have been better.
3 - I like the old doors, I'm a sucker for that stuff, but the tree in the way kills it and you cut off some of the close side bottom of the door. Push the trees out of the way, if you can, or a more straight on shot. I like that you used the portrait perspective too.
I see the door being cut off now.
4 - Meh, it looks antique, which is nice, but boring beyond that. Sorry
Yes it came out very boring...I really liked the variations of shapes...first the cylinder barn, then the square main building and finally the triangle of the roof. I am going to keep trying with this building..I just feel some thing when I shoot it. BTW its an old shirt factory.
5 - Not sure what you were going for here, not sure what it is either...a rail with bolts and not even a nice texture or patina.
Me either..but I kinda liked the line the railing followed up to the hill.
Keep shooting and posting, I enjoy looking at your photos!