struggled with these

RedWylder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's been a while since I last posted but here is some of my latest. I really struggled with these. Not sure why...could be this Illinois heat and the bugs that were eating me alive during the shoot but I could use some input. What are your thoughts? What can I work on?

**first some that were better**

beckyvijo-24 by RedWylder, on Flickr

beckyvijo-22 by RedWylder, on Flickr

beckyvijo-21 by RedWylder, on Flickr

**and some of the ones that were more difficult

beckyvijo-6 by RedWylder, on Flickr

beckyvijo-7 by RedWylder, on Flickr

I'm not exactly sure what I want comments on but your general thoughts would be helpful.

#2 & 3,
turn down the vignette slider.
#2 I think the problem is that the framing is too close, putting all the interesting things at either side and nothing in the center.
#3 perhaps a much tighter crop so he fills the frame but his expression is sort of indeterminate.

IMO, #1 really calls for a crop that makes their meeting in the center; that off-center you have now draws attention to their relative size too much, I think

mommybaby.jpg

#4 & 5 have too much flare for my taste. no impact.

i love the first three.. they are beautiful to me.

Thanks guys. As for the flare...wasn't what I was intending but I tried to work with it. I was so hot and the deer flies for swarming my head so bad I couldn't concentrate...yuck. As for the center crop on that one, thanks! I wouldn't have thought to try it that way. I'm not positive I like it better but not worse either. It's just different and has a different effect. I'll definitely try cropping in like that and see if it grows on me.

i love the first three.. they are beautiful to me.

With due respect to your love of children, this kind of response might make the OP happy but won't help her photography one bit.
For your own sake as a photographer, try to figure out what is good and bad about these as photographs not as pictures of things you love.

Well, to me Photo Lady was sharing her opinion - she loved the first three. That she chooses not to expound further doesn't strike me as an issue. The OP can decide how she receives it as, after all she was looking for 'your thoughts', among other things.

As to my particular thoughts, I really like #1, and I tend to agree with The_Traveler in that a tighter crop would create a more striking image.

#2 looks a touch too dark
#3 I do not like as much, perhaps a little more contrast or a color version would pull the eye in more. As is, it sort of falls flat to me.
#4 I dont mind the blown highlights as much in this photo, I like it.
#5 see #3

Most reactions

New Topics

Back