Stuck using the lightbox

Brutus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I got a new camera on the 20th of October, near a month ago, and I've found myself going back to the lightbox consistently, as it seems to be the most interesting place right now. I have a decent collection of knives, and so I have been taking pictures of them, and I've been pretty happy. I can't really go anywhere, being as I'm 16 and have no car, so I'm drawn to objects close to me, namely the lightbox. Anyone else been in this situation, stuck only doing one type of photography? Should I make more attempts at brancing out? I do like lightbox photography for some reason, so here's a recent photo taken just today, I'm happy with the even lighting I achieved (except for the very end of the knife, which is in shadow, shoudl've had a reflector there):

3041433509_059c83df4f_b.jpg

And another in the same lightbox, but with some granite. Since this was taken, I've realized a narrow aperture is better for small objects:

2998086568_1756637d22_b.jpg

love those pocket knife pretty handy at times...nice shot on the second picture. the marble is reflecting the swiss knife.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back