Studio and WB

casegrl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shooting with a 7d ...I use 2-250 savage studio soft box strobes......what do you set your WB to. Everything I read says something different.

Have you tried setting a custom WB?

[video=dailymotion;xg2six]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xg2six_how-to-set-the-custom-white-balance-on-a-canon-7d_school[/video]

I'd program it in as one of your WB presets if you are shooting in the same location/studio a lot!

Yes-strobes fire. You want the light you will be shooting in. Don't use lined paper and be very aware that some paper is yellowish and some is blueish too. Paper is good in a pinch, but it's often off a little because of a tint.

If WB is critical and you're going to use a custom WB, than invest in a proper tool. I use the Expo Disc and while a little pricey, I find it gives absolutely perfect results. It also has the added benefit of letting you use your camera as an incident meter.

I used a WhiBal card

The Genuine WhiBal has become the standard in the industry for precision WB Reference "Gray Cards". Each and every card is measured with a precision spectrophotometer to assure you that *your* card meets our industry leading specification of +/-0.5 within the a* and b* channels.

and/or a

X-Rite ColorChecker Passport & Software

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Buckster said:
Looks like a clever and useful combo!

Sweet can't wait to get it!! I love Amazon.com........shopping made so easy!

Im finding it hard to believe you have a hard time with the WB if you set it to flash WB and make sure you have no ambient light with your exposure. Are you mixing 2 lights maybe?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back