Studio set up

ewon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, I am looking to set up a home studio and I would need some advices on backdrops(which material) lights and modifier. I will be shooting nude, portraits, fashion.

thank you very much in advance.

That can range from $500 to $50,000; there's no point in giving you the $50,000 solution if you don't have that much to spend, soooooooooooo.... how much do you have to spend?

I would say in the range of $1000

Paper is smoother, don't use cloth.
Get a pair of studio strobes with stands.
Softboxes will give you the best control, and you should try to make flags (barn doors), snoots, large reflectors, and diffusers. You'll need stands for the reflectors and diffusers as well.

I don't think you can get all that for $1,000.

2 softboxes
1 octa
2 light stands
1 beauty dish
1 or 2 barn doors
1 massive reflector
filters/gels
grids for your light modifiers
flags
strip boxes
backgrounds and their stands

You won't get all that for <$ 1000/-

Rather than posting such a vague question, if you're really interested and serious, take some time to give us a better idea on what you currently have and what you intend to achieve.

Like tirediron mentioned, you could buy a chinese ebay strobe or go for the state of the art strobe with wireless TTL capabilities.

But even if you were to choose the cheapest option in the list above, $ 1,000 won;t get you much.

It's better if you skip most and start with 2 strobes, and chuck in a speed light if you have one handy. From there, work your way up by adding an item as and when you require it.

Hi everyone, I am looking to set up a home studio and I would need some advices on backdrops(which material) lights and modifier. I will be shooting nude, portraits, fashion.

thank you very much in advance.
How big is the studio - width, length, and height?

What is the flash x-sync speed of the camera you will be using?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back