Stunning Young Model

Erik McCormick

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did a fun casual shoot with a local young lady who wants to get into modeling. We met up, drove to a few different locations, had a lot of fun, and got some great photos. I thought I'd share a few here.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated!

You rule, and you know it :) Excellent photo's Erik, as always. Love them all, can't pick a fav... just outstanding stuff here, and lovely model to boot :)

Shot #2 and #5 are my favorites, well done.

Wow. Nice images, complimentary lighting, good compositions... very impressive.

Nothing much to say about your technique.

But when you meet again, drop the school ring, get a makeup artist, and get that thing out of her nose :lol: It is extremely annoying.

And I believe you had a lapse in judgement with the last shot. I would not ever focus on a models hands unless she had the best hands. Also, and I am not Mr Bush senior, the white flowers make me think of white broccoli :lmao:

Nothing much to say about your technique.

But when you meet again, drop the school ring, get a makeup artist, and get that thing out of her nose :lol: It is extremely annoying.

And I believe you had a lapse in judgement with the last shot. I would not ever focus on a models hands unless she had the best hands. Also, and I am not Mr Bush senior, the white flowers make me think of white broccoli :lmao:

A dainty nose piercing is the "in" thing I assume. I see lots of younger people with them. It's not for me, but I don't mind it at all. Also the school ring is her state championship cheerleading ring, she's really proud of it.

On the last shot, I actually did the shot two different ways. Shallow DOF with focus on the flowers and then the other way around...focus on her face. The white flower was coincidentally heart shaped. I thought it was a little different and I actually really like the photo I chose. One of my favorites! To each their own, I suppose.

Lovin all of them!! 3 thumbs up! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

No personal problem with the nose stud. I have plenty of holes in my head myself :lmao: But I had to go through the photos a second time to figure out what that annoying speck of light on her nose was.

And if you want to be a model, you need to know that you are going to do what the photographer or art director or whoever is in charge says to do. Same thing with the school ring. She may be proud of it but that's most probably not going to make her a lot of money.

She has potential as a model but mostly if you can steer her right.

I love your last photo. I just don't think she is the right model for it. And if I was her, I would not want it in my book as it brings attention to a part of her body that is not the best. Her book, just like your portfolio, should only have photos that put her (you) in the very best light possible.

I did wonder about the heart shape and almost suggested that you trim the flowers a little bit to make it more obvious but, then, I figured it was just my over-active brain and chose not to say anything about it.

You have a good one.

No personal problem with the nose stud. I have plenty of holes in my head myself :lmao: But I had to go through the photos a second time to figure out what that annoying speck of light on her nose was.

And if you want to be a model, you need to know that you are going to do what the photographer or art director or whoever is in charge says to do. Same thing with the school ring. She may be proud of it but that's most probably not going to make her a lot of money.

She has potential as a model but mostly if you can steer her right.

I love your last photo. I just don't think she is the right model for it. And if I was her, I would not want it in my book as it brings attention to a part of her body that is not the best. Her book, just like your portfolio, should only have photos that put her (you) in the very best light possible.

I did wonder about the heart shape and almost suggested that you trim the flowers a little bit to make it more obvious but, then, I figured it was just my over-active brain and chose not to say anything about it.

You have a good one.

Appreciate all the critiques! I'm sure we will shoot again and try some without the piercing and ring. This was her first shoot of any kind, so I told her to wear her favorite outfits and see how it goes.

You're absolutely correct when you say she's stunning. If I had to choose favourites I'd have to pick your first and second photos.

love them all, especially the 2nd last. She is stunning and I love her hair! hahaha!

Wow! Excellent work!

Man, GREAT shots and she's a knock out. If she's never modeled before and she's posing like that, you're either one heck of a coach or she's a natural. :)

Nice stuff, you both should be quite proud.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back