What's new

Stupid printer! Got a recommendation for event photography? 3.5 x 5 prints?

Ringmaster

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 2, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Cincinanti
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I thought I'd save money and buy two cheap printers instead of one good one. but every event one of the !@#$! things never works. Now I'm up to 5 crappy printers and I'm always sweating it.

What's a good printer I can buy? Where can I get it? Will it's stupid ink nozzels clog if I don't use it for two weeks? Should I just use my printer all the time to keep it running?

Stupid @!#!# printers!

Anyone want 5 broken crappy printers?

Thanks.
 
I tend to use small dye-sub printers for smaller events, something like the Canon Selphy.
I have been using 2 of them for a few years now with no problem.
 
What's your budget? Size of events? I do the set-ups for events at my work place and we use Sony Snaplab CR10L and Hiti 510si printers. I prefer them over the Selphy due to cost per print and print speed. They range in the $1K range, but are pretty reliable and durable. The Selphy leaves a weird surface texture on the paper. You have the added benefit of direct wireless printing with the Hiti model. They both support custom borders, watermarking, indexing and editing options. The Sony can even act a print kiosk where you can edit, crop and use as point-of-purchase system. Really depends on your wants and needs.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom