Succumbed to GAS attack!

Warhorse

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After drooling over them for a couple of years now, Nikon has a sale going on in their refurbished catalog.

Refurbished D500 is headed to my humble abode, can't hardly believe I'll have one. The pentaprism viewfinder, faster auto focusing, more focal points, plus much faster continuous FPS, makes this a serious upgrade over my D5600.

After drooling over them for a couple of years now, Nikon has a sale going on in their refurbished catalog.

Refurbished D500 is headed to my humble abode, can't hardly believe I'll have one. The pentaprism viewfinder, faster auto focusing, more focal points, plus much faster continuous FPS, makes this a serious upgrade over my D5600.

Enjoy your new toy...make lots of fond memories with it!

Cheers,

Enezdez

Congratulations!

So you realize that upon taking it out for the first time you'll ask yourself: "Why did I wait so long?"

If you're like me you look forward to skimming the manual to see all the awesome stuff it can do.

Just looked at the Nikon refurbished page. hmmmmm
My D7200 has over 102,000 frames shot, maybe the D500 would be a good replacement.

I love mine.. you will really love yours... congrats!

I owned a D500 until about a year ago. I had always preferred the FX format, so I traded it and some DX lenses on a D610 kit. I got some amazing images with the D500, and its autofocus was one of the best I ever experienced. I just wanted to standardize on one format, FX.

Congratulations! You'll enjoy it.

My D500 arrived this last Tuesday, ordered it last Saturday, excellent free shipping from Nikon. :icon_thumbsup:

I am so amazed by the quality, and being able to make adjustments with the dials and buttons on the outside of the camera vs. having to to open up the menu on my D5600 and dealing with the hassle of that. I should have bought this model a long time ago!

My D500 arrived this last Tuesday, ordered it last Saturday, excellent free shipping from Nikon. :icon_thumbsup:

I am so amazed by the quality, and being able to make adjustments with the dials and buttons on the outside of the camera vs. having to to open up the menu on my D5600 and dealing with the hassle of that. I should have bought this model a long time ago!
Agree about the controls.
Having gotten used to the dual control wheels on the D7200, I struggle when I have to use a camera with only a single control wheel.

Next try reconfiguring the buttons.
I reconfigured the REC button (the one with the red dot) to ISO. Press the REC button and turn the rear dial. That made changing the ISO easier and faster.

You have to address this GAS- I have a similar situartion when it come to lenses OH and Guitars :)

Les

OMG!!
I just checked my shutter count on this new to me refurbished D500, and found that it has over 688,000 actuations! How can this be, given that this camera "looks" brand new?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back