Sue Bryce

snphoto2016

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ok, new to the forum here so this may not be a new topic but I recently signed up for Sue Bryce's live streaming videos (educational?). I have skimmed through some of her content and while I think she has some great resources, I'm wondering how viable her structure is in rural markets. How well does her material apply through different genres?

"How well does her material apply through different genres? "

I am not sure what you mean. Can you clarify this question a little more? Which genres do you have in mind? What aspects do you see as a potential problem for your market?

I live in a pretty rural area where pricing packages at 1k or more is out of thw question. Also there is not a lot of demand for glamour type sessions. Most photographers in my area focus on weddings and families. Does her material translate to this type of photography?

Well I have only seen very limited bits of her teaching. I get the impression she is a good marketer, so there may be things you can learn there and develop to be applicable to your area.

I think she is good at posing and at building self confidence in a client. these are both important things. If people look good when they see the proofs or remember feeling really good about themselves at the time the image was made, it should increase your sales. Many photographers put a lot of effort into selling 'the experience' I have seen it said by several photographers that if you can make the most dominant female or mother figure in a family group look good or remember feeling great, then you have a sale no matter how everyone else looks!

I think it may be possible to make use of how Bryce creates and sells 'an experience' rather than just a shoot.

If your area is not keen on glamour shoots, maybe target nice portraits and throw in a couple of more glamorous images in with it and see if it builds up some interest in the community.

If you are looking for more training on business and technicals, go to youtube and look up 'B and H photo' event series - they do videos of well known and successful photographers talking to an audience about all aspects of photography. Its the best free training resource I have found so far.

Sorry I can't be more help, but the market is very different here in the UK. To start with, we have much less of a photography culture - Senior portraits dont really exist here and very few married couples would dream of putting large images of their wedding on their walls. I think family photography is much more valued and respected in some other countries, just from it being more of a tradition.

Last edited:
I've never purchased anything from her, but I have watched a few of her YouTube videos. She has one that's focused on posing larger women, which has been incredibly helpful to me. For those of us that photograph families, most of the women don't look like supermodels, but Sue Bryce has a way of still making them look their best. For that alone I think it's worth learning from her.

Most reactions

Back