Suggestion for tripod

gargieya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm currently using a $25 tripod for my photography and its about to commit suicide... I've got a ton of cash right now, and my eyes are set on the Manfrotto 190XPROB. It's somewhat cheap and it's perfect for macro work. What head should I get with this? I'd like to get a manfrotto brand head which can be used both for telephoto lens as well as macro work. I've looked at the manfrotto macro positioning plate and that doesn't interest me, it's not something I really need.

I have a Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod and it has given me good service for many years. The choice of head would depend on your budget and the maximum weight of your camera kit. I have been using a Manfrotto 410 junior geared head for many years and it has given me good service. However, the gears have become a bit sticky in the last few days and the head is a bit bulky. You could go with the 808RC4 standard 3 way head or if you prefer a ball head the 054 series ball heads from Manfrotto are great.

Thank somu1.....i had a look at the head you told.....i need a bit more flexibility and thats y i also had a look at 327rc2 and 324rc2....these are joystick head....are they good ??? Do you have any idea ???

Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black) with Manfrotto 322RC2 Joystick Head Short is some what i finalised....bcoz it has flexibility and is sturdy with that its light weighted....will it work for macro and telephoto both ???

Start by reading this.Tripods and Ball Heads by Thom Hogan

Next figure out you needs based on intended use, including weight of the setup, conditions you plan on shooting in etc, weight of you gear now and in the future, etc.

Then you will be in a position to figure out what you want/need. Manfrotto makes good products, but the are not the do all, end all for every photographer or photographic need.

Most reactions

Back