Suggestion needed : Best DSLR for photography which can be used for Vlogging also

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by tanmoysengupta, Sep 16, 2018.

1. tanmoysengupta

tanmoysengupta TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am planning to purchase a DSLR so need some suggestions/advice. My purpose is both photography & vlogging. I have been searching the best available model but unable to take the final decisions. Kindly help me to choose the best one. My budget is $1000. Here are my shortlist :

Fujifilm X-T100 (with XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Lens- Bundle with XC 50-230mm)
    Canon M50
    Nikon D5600
    Nikon D7200 (Lacks articulating screen)
    Sony Alpha A6300L (only issue : manual focus)
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85

If I am missing anything please recommend that also. I am a amateur photographer so its obvious that I missed out some great models available.

Thanks in advance.

2. photo1x1.com

photo1x1.com TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    my vote: the Sony.
    What do you mean with "manual focus"?

3. tanmoysengupta

tanmoysengupta TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry for the confusion. I meant to say no touch screen. So if I want to swap focus points on multiple objects, touchscreen is very useful.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Jeff15

Jeff15 TPF junkie!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Try the Panasonic Lumix G9............

5. photo1x1.com

Photos NOT OK to edit
    True - I wonder whether the other cams in your list could do that though. Touch screen is one thing, but consistent good autofocus during video recording is another. So even if these cameras have touch screen to swap focus points, make sure their video autofocus is decent.

6. tanmoysengupta

tanmoysengupta TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes except the Sony, rest do have touchscreen (articulated). What I got to know is, Canon has the best autofocus as their famous Dual Pixed CMOS autofocus is one of the best autofocus in this price range. But its 4K video is cropped & zoomed. Later I found the recently launched Fuji X T-100 model, which are being suggested by every experts who are getting hand on with it. But it can only support 4K at 15 FPS. Though I think 1080p 60 FPS is just fine for Vlogging as this Fuji is seriously capable of taking some quality images. In fact I found Fuji's color reproduction one of the best. And auto focus is also fine. Still before buying I want to make sure, I shouldnt have missed a better one available.

7. tanmoysengupta

tanmoysengupta TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you for the suggestion. I will definitely check the reviews in YouTube.

8. photo1x1.com

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I heard great things about the fuji too. Nothing about the canon yet. I'm not sure regarding native lenses for the canon m mount. Since they just introduced their new mirrorless line, I don't think "m" is here to stay, but that is just a guess. People also said that about sony e-mount just a short while back. Regarding 4k - 1080p should be enough for v-logging. I use 4k for my youtube vids though.

9. AlanKlein

AlanKlein No longer a newbie, moving up!

Do you vlog outside and need a separate microphone rather than built in. Some cameras don;t have a separate mike and create a lot of noise if it's windy.

10. photo1x1.com

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That is great advise. You could however use an external recorder and synch in post with software like Plural Eyes - but that is more work and more money.

11. tanmoysengupta

tanmoysengupta TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes that's a must have requirement. Btw is there any camera better than Fuji F-T100 under $1000 ? Which are those ? Thanks for your reply.

12. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

I don’t know anything about that particular Fuji camera or about video so take this for what it’s worth - I do have that 50-230xc lens and it is super sharp and it’s nice and small and lightweight for a “long” zoom. Fits in my jacket pocket when hiking. I also researched the 15-45xc lens and found nothing negative other than those who don’t like the plastic build. Personally, I don’t mind that because that’s why they are so small and light. Great for travel.

• Like Like x 1