suggestion quick release system

reznor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi evreyvone! thanks for looking!

Okay i have a canon 6D with a batterygrip. Its mounted on my shoulder rig in a cage.
This is the compagny quick release system of the shoulder rig, not great really.

As you see i cant really tight it because of the acces. Is there QR plates that sideways?
So what quick release is the best to use in case ?

I want to invest in a useful sysem of quick release that i will use
when i switch my 6D on my tripod from my shoulder rig.

thank you for your comment ;)

Yes - quick releases are a problem on DSLRs - they are really made for camcorders. Have you tried mounting the camera in the cage without the battery grip?

Cheers,

Bill

Yes - quick releases are a problem on DSLRs - they are really made for camcorders. Have you tried mounting the camera in the cage without the battery grip?

Cheers,

Bill

no because i need absolutely the battery grip. when i film some wedding it last for 1h15 and i need that time ;(

Sometimes I have this problem with the Giottos quick release on my tripod. I generally slide the camera forward on the plate and tighten it down. That gives me enough room behind the camera to lock the plate down with the mounting screw. Here's a picture:

$P1120421.JPG

I don't know if that will screw up the balance on your shoulder rig, but you might try it.

Good luck!

Bill

Most reactions

Back