Sumalee on the Rocks - NSFW - C&C

Sounds like a cocktail, and when I look at the image...

I like it Trev, a LOT, I wonder though if the land in the background isn't a bit too under-exposed. IMO, it makes the image look just a tad unbalanced.

its the strand of hair across her chin that I find distracting.
other than that little bit of nitpicking....its a fantastic shot.

Distracting yet fitting for the mood, windswept seascape moment... I considered removing it but decided to not. Thank you for your comments.

Nobody else?

There is some gunk on her knee foot that I would take out. I agree about the under exposed background and hair across her forehead and face.

Lovely work. Lovely model, lovely pose, good decision on DoF, terrific setting. Thanks for sharing.

Here's my input on areas to improve:
1. Back of her hair is underexposed...I'd like to be able to see a bit more detail in her glorious hair (even if it turns it from black to chestnut brown).
2. I get your point about the windswept hair on her face. But the shadow from that hair on her neck is distracting. If you can erase that, I can live with the hair.
3. Pool of water on the rocks in front of her is in very sharp detail and is actually the first thing that drew my eye. You can blur it a bit or dodge it some so it's less of an eye-grabber.

Lovely stuff sir!

I'm not an expert, but the first thing I noticed was the background looks underexposed. Other than that I think it's a very nice shot. You do nice work.

I really love this one just as it is! :)

Distracting yet fitting for the mood, windswept seascape moment... I considered removing it but decided to not. Thank you for your comments.

Nobody else?
I'm glad you didn't. That "imperfection" or distraction is very compelling to me, and adds something real to the image rather than having something that is too fabricated. I call it a happy accident, not a distraction. I think if the water were brighter it would throw off the balance between your model and the setting; perhaps some selective masking to bring the exposure up on the rocks though.

I'm really loving your images from this set.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back