Summer Beauty | Portrait

Of course you would be the one to be having problems :p hahaha

Is it better ? I tried to fix the skin tone, more contrast on face and made the dark part of her hair lighter.

Summer Beauty by Ironlegs Photography, on Flickr

lovely shot, I agree with the orientation aspect. Curious how much you pushed the flare? Not sure I'm entirely sold on it.

I tried in portrait mode too, i dont know why but i didnt find it interesting. Actually i didnt do anything to the flare.

Do you still have the portrait orientation shot? I'd be curious to see it.

I tried in portrait mode too, i dont know why but i didnt find it interesting. Actually i didnt do anything to the flare.

If that's the case I like it. Been seeing so many faked ones lately. It's an awesome style, so I understand why people try to do it, but aren't skilled or are too lazy to actually make it happen and then resort to presets/filters/fakery.

$Capture.PNG

ok smarty pants (both of you!), let's see how would you fix the problem?

(and that was funny, just saying ;))

Yes, I think today's edited version that was added to the OP is an improvement. As far as the "three different skin tones"...I view that as a totally expected consequence of lowered image contrast due to the intense backlighting causing lens flare...THAT is one of the most-obvious tip-offs to a real, genuine, in-camera flare!!! I kinda' like flare and back lighting especially when it is as gentle, yet broad, as it was in this situation. As far as The_Traveler's discovery that the image is a bit soft on focus when seen at the bigger sizes on Flickr...yeah...it might be, but there's an easy fix. Select the OOF area, make a selection, hit the Photoshop "Sharpen" command, then fade the resulting sharpen to 40%, then repeat, two or three times. Shrunken down to modern web- or smart-phone size and it will look GREAT! Plus, it's a gauzy, impressionistic type of scene and subject, so we don't NEED to see this photo in ultra-high-resolution...it's a pretty young woman...the impression is what counts, not the resolving power.

If one is worried about OOF portraits, I suggest only releasing them into the wild at 640 pixels on the longer axis, with the file addendum _cell.jpg

Most reactions

Back