Summer photoshoot with beautiful model C&C

y75stingray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I did a photoshoot with this girl around the beggining of July and was somewhat happy with the way they came out. I used one hundred percent ambient lighting so some of the lighting is a bit on the harsh side but i think it works with the scenes they were shot in. Let me know what you think.

HEATHER-2.jpg

HEATHER.jpg

heather-14.jpg

HEATHER-3.jpg

HEATHER-4.jpg

heather-13.jpg

C&C per req:

1. A bit of a blue cast to this image. While the model is a very attractive girl, the pose and surroundings here really make me think "lot lizard".

2. Nice, but I find the position of her right arm somewhat disconcerting, in fact it almost looks like it belongs to someone else. I think it would have worked much better if it were sleeved so that the viewer would make the immediate association with the dress. I would suggest a minor levels/curves tweak to tease just a little more detail out of the right (image left) side of her face.

3. Nicely lit, but once again she doesn't seem comfortable to me. Her leg positioning seems awkward and she's leaning forward. The straw seems rather out of place as well.

4, 6. Very nice. I really like these two. Good lighting, nice pose, the only two minor niggles are that she's too centered in the image (easily solved with a crop) and that she's too close to the background, which is in sharp focus and distracting. Greater separation would have helped I think.

5. The best of the lot IMO. I get the impression she was unsure of what to do with her right hand, that's minor. Again, I would try and use levels/curves adjustments to bring a little more detail out of her hair, and I think here a crop just below the waist might work.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Love the poses, love the shots. But they seemed a little oof to me. Not turly sharp IMO

I really like these, where were they shot?
I like the vintage tone number 1 has. They are all very good imo, especially for ambient lighting, number 2 could've maybe done with a bit of fill flash.

You're lacking DOF control, and her face looks the same in every shot (and it's not a good face). But I think you're on the right track.

Love the poses, love the shots. But they seemed a little oof to me. Not turly sharp IMO
He's shooting with a 50mm lens at f/2.5. They look soft due to the wide aperture I believe, but they don't appear to be out of focus to me.

He's shooting with a 50mm lens at f/2.5. They look soft due to the wide aperture I believe, but they don't appear to be out of focus to me.

I don't know, to me, I guess we have different eyes. But especially #4

Comparing to this pic (one of yours) just so sharp!

Where Professional Models Meet Model Photographers - ModelMayhem
I shot that at f/10 I believe. Not only is the focus point in sharp focus, but her whole body is due to the small aperture. If I had shot that same image at f/2.5 the focus point would be sharp but the rest of the details would be softer around that focus point that weren't on the same focal plane. Also, most lenses lose a little sharpness when you open them wide up.

I shot that at f/10 I believe. Not only is the focus point in sharp focus, but her whole body is due to the small aperture. If I had shot that same image at f/2.5 the focus point would be sharp but the rest of the details would be softer around that focus point that weren't on the same focal plane. Also, most lenses lose a little sharpness when you open them wide up.

Exactly. I guess basically for the OP, close the shutter a bit for sharper image :D

As an example, I shot this at f/2. You can see the focus point (her eyes) are very sharp yet the rest of the image has a soft/dreamy feel to it. The effect is more exagerated than in the OP's images.

767556136_Bangr-L.jpg

Nice work op. #5 is the best of the set.

I really like these, where were they shot?
I like the vintage tone number 1 has. They are all very good imo, especially for ambient lighting, number 2 could've maybe done with a bit of fill flash.

Thanks! they were shot in rochester hills michigan (a suburb of detroit) Right on the outskirts of the downtown area there is a grain elevator with a few empty semi truck trailors so i took advantage of my find and we had some fun inside of them!

the vintage tone i used on number one is very easy to do. It's a simple curves adjustment known as cross curvy prossesing google it and you can probably find a tutorial.

Exactly. I guess basically for the OP, close the shutter a bit for sharper image :D

Thanks guys! Yeah i would have loved to use a higher f stop and a different lens alltogether. I was battling to keep my ISO down below 500 (It was pretty dark in that tralior) and that wasn't possible unless I shot wide open. Looking back I wish now I would have steped up to maybe a 5.6 or 7 and jacked up the ISO just to see if it would have worked out.

Most reactions

Back