Sunflower Crop Sunset Queensland Australia.

Dragonfly..shotz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tried this one from the weekend. An original shot with a fair bit of processing using tone mapping, adjustment layers/curves/levels to make this image.

Kinda contradicts it's self with the sunflowers facing away from the sunset. Its a very young crop and only just getting their bearings. Any cc would be great thank you.
Chris.

img_6934_web_sunflowers__forum.jpg

Why aren't there any comments on this one? I love it. You are right a little contradictory but that's what adds intrigue to this one. I'm not usually a fan of heavy HDR proccessing but it works well here... Could be just a tad lighter in the foreground maybe?

It's really a beautiful shot. I agree and would lighten the foreground just a little bit. Thank you for posting.

Thanks Bill, for some reason I lost quality resizing, the image turned darker and was drained of colour. I had to then re edit the web file, add colour and adjust levels again.

I tried another one and a lighten of the foreground. I think this one represents the original better. Thanks for the comments Miss Mia, here is a lighter foreground.

img_6934_web_sunflowers__forum_lighten.jpg

Oh very nice! I liked the first but thought it looked too dark, the edit is perfect (for me anyway ;) )
If I took that, I think it would be blown up on my wall :)

Thanks Lyncca and Miss Mia, yes will be printing this one:D

Also looking forward to getting back there for a few more shots as the crop matures.

I like it, though the more "painterly" kinds of HDRs such as this are not my cup of tea.

I prefer the edit as well, with the lighter foreground. And those clouds add such drama to the shot...nice!

I disagree with some people, i too do not like when people go over board with hdr and make it look like a painting, but in my opinion i think this does not get to that point. Just the right amount i think, great job!

I disagree with some people, i too do not like when people go over board with hdr and make it look like a painting, but in my opinion i think this does not get to that point. Just the right amount i think, great job!

I would have to agree. I didn't even realize that it was HDR when i first viewed it, and to me this is just right. Some HDR look so unreal, but this image is just right. Nice Job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back