What's new

Sunflower Crop Sunset Queensland Australia.

Dragonfly..shotz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 8, 2008
Messages
172
Reaction score
8
Location
Warwick QLD Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tried this one from the weekend. An original shot with a fair bit of processing using tone mapping, adjustment layers/curves/levels to make this image.

Kinda contradicts it's self with the sunflowers facing away from the sunset. Its a very young crop and only just getting their bearings. Any cc would be great thank you.
Chris.

img_6934_web_sunflowers__forum.jpg
 
Why aren't there any comments on this one? I love it. You are right a little contradictory but that's what adds intrigue to this one. I'm not usually a fan of heavy HDR proccessing but it works well here... Could be just a tad lighter in the foreground maybe?
 
It's really a beautiful shot. I agree and would lighten the foreground just a little bit. Thank you for posting.
 
Thanks Bill, for some reason I lost quality resizing, the image turned darker and was drained of colour. I had to then re edit the web file, add colour and adjust levels again.

I tried another one and a lighten of the foreground. I think this one represents the original better. Thanks for the comments Miss Mia, here is a lighter foreground.

img_6934_web_sunflowers__forum_lighten.jpg
 
Oh very nice! I liked the first but thought it looked too dark, the edit is perfect (for me anyway ;) )
If I took that, I think it would be blown up on my wall :)
 
Love the edit! I hope you are going to print it.
 
Thanks Lyncca and Miss Mia, yes will be printing this one:D

Also looking forward to getting back there for a few more shots as the crop matures.
 
I like it, though the more "painterly" kinds of HDRs such as this are not my cup of tea.
 
I prefer the edit as well, with the lighter foreground. And those clouds add such drama to the shot...nice!
 
I disagree with some people, i too do not like when people go over board with hdr and make it look like a painting, but in my opinion i think this does not get to that point. Just the right amount i think, great job!
 
I disagree with some people, i too do not like when people go over board with hdr and make it look like a painting, but in my opinion i think this does not get to that point. Just the right amount i think, great job!

I would have to agree. I didn't even realize that it was HDR when i first viewed it, and to me this is just right. Some HDR look so unreal, but this image is just right. Nice Job!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom