Sunflowers from PoolsVille Maryland

Trblmkr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found a bunch of people on Meetup going out to shoot Sunflowers. Never done it, and thought "why not!!"
Here's my result from Friday night and Saturday Morning

Enjoy, feel free to make suggestions and comments as I"m always looking to learn more about this wonderful art form.

20130721 Poolsville Sunflowers 39 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

20130721 Poolsville Sunflowers 11 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

20130721 Poolsville Sunflowers 57 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

20130721 Poolsville Sunflowers 16 by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

20130720 Poolsville Sunflowers 33_4_7 HDR by Dan_Girard, on Flickr

What wonderful sunflower pics. A few less leaf tip crops would do better. but really great stuff. Ed

Yeah they are really good. The details on the close ups are incredible. I like the sun in the first pic. Nice job.

Nice shots, GREAT timing! I was out there on Saturday, late afternoon, walking the perimeter. I was under the impression that this was the "peak time", but they were all so small! I plan on going back out next weekend and hoping to get into the fields and go at it.

My flickr has a few of the shots if you are interested in looking.

Really dig 1

Nice work!

What wonderful sunflower pics. A few less leaf tip crops would do better. but really great stuff. Ed
Thanks for the input. I will keep that in mind next time.

Yeah they are really good. The details on the close ups are incredible. I like the sun in the first pic. Nice job.
Thank you Shipman, appreciate it.

Nice shots, GREAT timing! I was out there on Saturday, late afternoon, walking the perimeter. I was under the impression that this was the "peak time", but they were all so small! I plan on going back out next weekend and hoping to get into the fields and go at it. Tat... Don't go to the main field right off of River road, those are past their prime and mostly dead. If you're shooting birds then I guess it would be okay. For the Sunflowers I went down a bit more (coming from the East) to Sycamore street, took a left and about 100yrd on the left you see another field of them.

My flickr has a few of the shots if you are interested in looking.

Really dig 1

Nice work!

Thanks

I didn't see your comment in the quote, but I will certainly keep it in mind. As for the birds, there was a **** TON of yellow finches around, they were awesome birds. Did I get a shot? nope. I just wasn't equipped at the time to go brave the fields". Only my 3rd week off chemo, even this trip and heat kicked my ass. I need to get back to "myself".

Still though, like your shots a lot, and thanks for checking mine out!

Really great, 1st one is my fav

Very Nice, been to Poolsville a bunch of times, lots of great places to shoot there. they are all great but the first really shines.

Most reactions

Back