Sunrise at Nubble Lighthouse

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I’ve been to this lighthouse more times than I can count. I rarely end up with nothing to show for it, but I’ve also never managed to catch a true burner sunrise here. The Skyfire app was predicting good color Wednesday morning. Once again I made the 60 minute drive at 5:30am (I love these winter sunrises because you can still get a good night’s sleep). I could see as I drove toward the coast that there were a lot of clouds at the horizon. 😢 Said a little prayer to the sunrise gods for them to rise just a bit but they stubbornly stayed put. I’d say on a scale of 1-10 for a great sunrise at this location, this is a 5. Made the best of it and stayed until the sunburst then I scooted back home as it was a work day.

Nubble Light Sunrise by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Nubble Lighthouse by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Very nice set. I'd give it more than a 5 and you captured it nicely.

Very nice set indeed

Great set! I can't decide on a favorite. They are all wonderful. The Skyfire app works? I may have to try it.

You're being way too critical of this set - you have some beautiful shots here! I think the sky looks great, too. Wonderful work!

Very nice set. I'd give it more than a 5 and you captured it nicely.
Thanks very much.

Very nice set indeed
Thanks!

A lovely set.... :encouragement:
Thanks Jeff…

Great set! I can't decide on a favorite. They are all wonderful. The Skyfire app works? I may have to try it.
Thank you! Skyfire app is ok, not great. It’s cheap and uncomplicated. It changes too much to really plan much more than 6-8 hours out but it’s a good starting point for that.

I look at it to decide if it will be worth getting up for sunrise the next day and which direction to head, north or south, to get a better chance at a good one. A lot of people use something called Atmospheric and another called Clear Sky. I haven’t tried them yet.

If that is a “5 at this location” then I’d love to see a 10

If that is a “5 at this location” then I’d love to see a 10
Don’t worry, I plan to keep trying! I’m stubborn that way.

Nice set. I'm not sure the clouds hurt, but I understand a clear sky is preferred.

Nice set. I'm not sure the clouds hurt, but I understand a clear sky is preferred.
For sunrise preference would be more clouds not less… but not so close to the horizon so that the rising sun illuminated the low clouds from below the horizon, causing them to fire up.

Too cloudy…not cloudy enough…clouds too high…clouds too low… I’m like the Goldilocks of sunrises lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back