sunrise at the beach....c&C plz

Rudha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
woke up at 4:50 am to get to the beach...it's on the east so we get sunrises at the beach....these are the photos i got....enjoy and comment, thanks.
4041159939_c3a8a348d1_b.jpg

4041911290_71ee6f75db_b.jpg

4041907992_e04be969bb_b.jpg

4041909544_6cdc2a67b0_b.jpg

and finally kudos to my cousin ...he is not exactly interested in photography per se but he got up and came with me just to help me around ....
4041923184_70f12fa59e_b.jpg

I don't like the fact that all the shots are in portrait style. Shoot some in landscape mode too. The portrait style just leaves something to be desired.

All in all, not a bad try. I like the 4th one the best, but composition could be a bit better. The sun is pretty much right in the middle of the frame. Keep trying Rudha and you'll do fine!

hi i had this landscape ....tell me wht you think....and looking back you were right ....i will look into this habit do my best...thanx
4042520306_e975fab53c_b.jpg

plz plz excuse the dust on the sensor....i have cleaned it vut feel pretty ashamed..:(

I guess I am just too darn lazy to get my but of the bed at that time, so I really respect morning shots. Let's see:
ALL:The soft orange color is very nice. That plus!
#1: I guess you should choose exactly what you want here. The guy or the landscape. You're too far away, or he is too far away to have them both correctly composed. Also try slicing it at the top and lower part.
#2 The Sky is too bright. But the rocks look good.
#3 Same issue. And the horizon isn't balanced.
#4 It's OK, but the a little dark. It's against the sun - that's the cause.Actually contre-jour(fr. contra sun ) is a good direction, but this not what's it all about. It's has no subject.
#5 Too high.
#6 Dark again.
JMO
vvv

hi i had this landscape ....tell me wht you think....and looking back you were right ....i will look into this habit do my best...thanx
4042520306_e975fab53c_b.jpg

plz plz excuse the dust on the sensor....i have cleaned it vut feel pretty ashamed..:(

Yes, I like it! I think it's definitely the best shot of the group. Nice job!

I guess I am just too darn lazy to get my but of the bed at that time, so I really respect morning shots. Let's see:
ALL:The soft orange color is very nice. That plus!
#1: I guess you should choose exactly what you want here. The guy or the landscape. You're too far away, or he is too far away to have them both correctly composed. Also try slicing it at the top and lower part.
#2 The Sky is too bright. But the rocks look good.
#3 Same issue. And the horizon isn't balanced.
#4 It's OK, but the a little dark. It's against the sun - that's the cause.Actually contre-jour(fr. contra sun ) is a good direction, but this not what's it all about. It's has no subject.
#5 Too high.
#6 Dark again.
JMO
vvv
huh...now i see what txphotog was talkin abt...less portraits foe landscapes...i was under the impression that the earth's curvature was showing up in #3 but it's just a tilted horizon....:grumpy: ...hey thanks for pointing out....

i think 3 in landscape mode has the most potential - you have the one of those classic compositions where there is foreground interest w/ those rocks, the lines of the waves, and the sky...

could maybe try to shoot it from a lower angle, and obv w/ a straight horizon.... (it's not the earth's curvature unless u living on the tiniest planet ever lol)

also your cuz standing in the middle doesn't add much... maybe if he looked like he belonged as part of the scene...

well he was part of the scene...sorta ..he's a fisherman ...may be i should have waited until he used his net thing..... i'll once again do the early morning sunrise thing to get the pics right.

Most reactions

Back