Sunrise In The Land Of The Rising Sun.

Bifurcator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken from a moving car - doing about 120k/m down the freeway.

Freeway_Sunrise.jpg

120 Kilometer Sunrise

- Enjoy!
Crits and comments always welcome!

Wow, those were quick responses... Thanks guys! Appreciated!

Thank you!
I am enjoying the sight of this!
Who did the driving??? :raisedbrow:

Great shot, great color.

**reminder to self: must get to Japan**

LaFoto:
Thanks! A girlfriend of mine for the past 30 years was driving. (girlfriend here generally means just friend). Although I guess I could shoot and drive on the freeway... Never tried that I can remember. <scratches head> :D

Kun-Man... if you ever do look me up! Let's grab a beer together!

There are little villages (or communities) like this scattered all over Japan although most of the country is still very much uninhabited. The colors are real, I sharpened it up some and cropped out the freeway divider (bottom). The uber-green clumps that speckle the ever-greens and hardwoods there are bamboo patches. Much more beautiful than this photo portrays - for sure! They're like fronds of lime which jet out from the mountain-sides.

Nice one! I always wanted my wife to drive while I take shots.:)

Nice shot, especially since you were shooting form a moving object lol

Nice one! I always wanted my wife to drive while I take shots.:)

It's hard and even harder without Anti-Shake! I guess it depends how far away the subject is and how bright the day is tho. ;) Mine almost never turn out. I appreciate the comments, thanks!

Nice shot, especially since you were shooting form a moving object lol

Yu, exactly. :D
Thanks for the comments!

The colors are great, and the clouds rising out of the valleys is really cool.

my only complaint is that is seems oversharpened but maybe that's just me

Nope, you're right. I had my choice of slightly over-sharpening it or having incredibly flat looking forests. I did one level of sharpening on the entire frame and then a sharpen on just a selection of everything below the clouds. I guess my other option was to "color select" really narrow bands of the different green hues and make them shift them further apart in the green/yellow channel but I went for the lazy man's option and let it be over-sharpened a little.

Good eye!

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

Cool shot from a moving car.. I love the colour of the sky! :)

Great work and stunning colors

Thanks! I appreciate that Mr. James.

Cool shot from a moving car.. I love the colour of the sky! :)

Thank you! Yeah, it definitely classifies as a "lucky snap-shot". And I just love it when I can record and share something that looks and feels pretty much the same as the original expirience or sight.

Most reactions

Back