Sunrise over Mt. Kilimanjaro

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Sunrise over Mt. Kilimanjaro on day 3 of six day climb. Still a long way to go.

7227-DSCN0054.JPG

2. Sunrise on day 3…peak touched by the sun's rays.

7227-DSCN0057.JPG

3. Sun's rays touch the glacier as we climb towards the summit

7227-DSCN0083.JPG

4. Sunrise as we climb towards the summit…note the clouds are below the lava tower at the left of the shot. This sight made it all worthwhile.

7227-DSCN0084.JPG

I don't have Photoshop, so all these are straight out of the camera.

Thanks for looking.

these suck!

:lmao: j/k of course....that's what i say when i wish i taken it :mrgreen:

i love these girl! what an adventure you had. :hail:

The third is fantastic, but all of them show enough glory of colours on their own.
Were you able to summit? How was your time in Africa?

Thanks for sharing :)

JonMikal said:
these suck!

:lmao: j/k of course....that's what i say when i wish i taken it :mrgreen:

i love these girl! what an adventure you had. :hail:

:lol: OMG, Jon, you got me there for a second! I think my heart stopped when I saw the first phrase, then jump-started again when I scrolled down to see the rest. I literally burst out laughing. Needed a good laugh on my first day back to work after my most excellent adventures.

Peanuts said:
Were you able to summit? How was your time in Africa?

Yes, I summited, thanks for asking! Coming down was worse than going up, I think. The entire climb (up n down) was the toughest thing I've done.

I really loved my time in Africa (which included a safari following the climb). I'd never been to Africa before, so was drinking in all the sights, sounds, smells the whole time. It was an eye-opening experience, that makes me appreciate all the more how lucky I am to live in North America. For so many Africans it was such a daily struggle just to get water and food. Life shouldn't be that hard. Especially for the children.

Glad to hear everything went well Antarctican! :) My father made an attempt at summiting several years ago but unfortunately had to rest due to illness while the rest of his group went all the way to the top. The photos he brought back of both the climb and a safari were great (Though known of them had such amazingly brilliant colours and scenery as yours)
Once again, great photos

Peanuts said:
Glad to hear everything went well Antarctican! :) My father made an attempt at summiting several years ago but unfortunately had to rest due to illness while the rest of his group went all the way to the top. The photos he brought back of both the climb and a safari were great (Though known of them had such amazingly brilliant colours and scenery as yours)
Once again, great photos

Thanks so much for your kind comments - they made my day. I'll be posting some more pics from my trip as time allows. Sorry to hear your dad was unable to summit. I take it he had a touch of altitude sickness. You can't mess with that, and he was wise to rest/descend.

Wow, these are some cool captures. Nice job.

wow i really thought these had some ps for colour boost. great to see some 'sraight out the camera' shots with such strong colours, great job :thumbup:

Whoa Jeanne...bout time you posted these:) . They are brilliant. The colours are just stunning.
What a trip that must have been to see this sight. Awesome stuff :thumbup: :thumbup: . ya gotta post more....k?

Most reactions

Back