My Major views (Pic heavy)

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Great hike yesterday on a beautiful day. Really the only thing missing were some white fluffy clouds. Our efforts were well rewarded with the views from the top! Foliage is still about a week away from peak in this area and still very green in the lakes region below.

1. The view
Mt Major views by SharonCat..., on Flickr

2. Lots of people chose to share the hike with their dogs

3. The summit

4. Lake Winnipesaukee below
Lake W by SharonCat..., on Flickr

5. Remains of a hut at the top

6. Another dog enjoying the view
Mt Major summit views by SharonCat..., on Flickr

7. That’s the Ossippee Mountains in the distance
Mt Major summit views by SharonCat..., on Flickr

8. Just before we cleared the tree line to see the summit

Your comments and/or critique are always welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Great set. Looks like you are going to have some good colors at peak. Awesome views.

The colors look extremely saturated, perhaps a little bit too saturated for my taste.

Whew, you made it! Wonderful landscapes.

I noticed especially with the blues, I noticed it with the peacock you shared recently and couldn't quite figure out what seemed off. Something you posted that was vibrant orange seemed that way too. Unless someone is going for a photo illustration to take it into something other than a photograph, I'd expect the color with nature especially to seem real.

If I hiked that I would have to camp up there for three days before I felt rested and ready to come down and then I might just roll down the whole way, ha! Beautiful pics and place. That rock hut probably made someone a nice wind break for overnight. I had to look up the location, you're way up north!

Nice shots on what looks to be a fun hike.

Yes it was fun thanks!

Nice set; glad to see you survived!

Barely. Feeling it today.

Loved the shots!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Great set. Looks like you are going to have some good colors at peak. Awesome views.

This is about 1.5 hours north of me. Heading back up there this week.

The colors look extremely saturated, perhaps a little bit too saturated for my taste.

Thanks for the feedback. I barely touched the overall saturation in post on most of these but I did tweak the reds. I think maybe the combo of the polarizing filter, the Fuji Velvia film simulation and the Haze Removal filter in post may have pushed a few of the blues over the edge - especially #4.

Whew, you made it! Wonderful landscapes.

I noticed especially with the blues, I noticed it with the peacock you shared recently and couldn't quite figure out what seemed off. Something you posted that was vibrant orange seemed that way too. Unless someone is going for a photo illustration to take it into something other than a photograph, I'd expect the color with nature especially to seem real.

Thanks for your c&c. Not sure I did anything to the peacock photo but it was taken in May so don’t remember and I didnt save an original of that one but the peacock really was that blue. Here is one of today’s pic unedited.

Unedited by SharonCat..., on Flickr

If I hiked that I would have to camp up there for three days before I felt rested and ready to come down and then I might just roll down the whole way, ha! Beautiful pics and place. That rock hut probably made someone a nice wind break for overnight. I had to look up the location, you're way up north!

We passed a large troop of older Boy Scouts on their way up to camp overnight at the summit.

The way down was less strenuous but more work. We were jokingly saying we should turn that hut into a bar and then build a water slide to get everyone down.

We passed a large troop of older Boy Scouts on their way up to camp overnight at the summit.

The way down was less strenuous but more work. We were jokingly saying we should turn that hut into a bar and then build a water slide to get everyone down.

I don't want to even imagine the wedgies such a water slide would create. :crushed:

Lovely country and great shots. Having spent some time in the Canadian Rockies the one thing I miss are mountains. We only have a few hills where I am.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lovely country and great shots. Having spent some time in the Canadian Rockies the one thing I miss are mountains. We only have a few hills where I am.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks! I much prefer the mountains to the coast these days. The New Hampshire White Mountains is my happy place.

That 18-55 is darn good in very skillful hands. I remember you complaining how boring it was...lol. It and the 35 1.4 are my favorite. Unfortunately, I rarely use my XT2 any more.

Most reactions

Back