Sunrise, Tybee Island, Georgia

I certainly love the pinkly-purple colours, and the way the light rays emanate from the lighthouse (gorgeous!), but I don't really like the circular flare spots to the left of the lighthouse. What are your thoughts about the circles, Mark?

I certainly love the pinkly-purple colours, and the way the light rays emanate from the lighthouse (gorgeous!), but I don't really like the circular flare spots to the left of the lighthouse. What are your thoughts about the circles, Mark?

Well, I shot this with a Nikkor 105mm and in Knoll Light Factory, there is actually a setting for a 105mm Nikkor. and my own personal experience is that you do typically see these flare spots with this lens. To me, it makes it more authentic. Ask yourself this- had I NOT told you that this was a plug-in effect, would you have considered it real? Most people do. Great question, and thanks for asking!

Merry Christmas, one and all!

I like the lighthouse shot... but have to say the two large rays coming out of the sides reminds me of laser beams.

Yeah, I have to agree with that. When I was playing around with the image, I decided that to try to clone them out would be a bad idea and make the photo much more "Fake" looking. So, you race with what you bring to the track, you know? I decided that rather than fight them, I'd try to use them as compositional lines within the image, and so placed the lighthouse itself accordingly.

THanks once again for your feedback, everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back