What's new

Sunset at oregon Coast. Please C&C

lordbodom

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 31, 2009
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a trip to the oregon coast last night and managed to capture a shot of the sunset over the pacific ocean. This is my first sunshot shot and i am still learning the basics. Please leave me your comments and feedback.

Olympus e520
zuiko 70-150mm at 94mm
iso 100
f 5.6
1/250



4416041020_b7e9a772e4_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
I would crop about half of the bottom out of the shot. Doing so will accent the colors in the sky more, which is what you expect to be the main focus in a sunset shot.
 
I would crop about half of the bottom out of the shot. Doing so will accent the colors in the sky more, which is what you expect to be the main focus in a sunset shot.

I respectfully disagree. I would crop out the top portion to get the horizon out of the center. The waves are spectacular. The color and texture and the sun over the waves is very beautiful. I would enphasize that over the more typical sky. JSD
 
I would crop about half of the bottom out of the shot. Doing so will accent the colors in the sky more, which is what you expect to be the main focus in a sunset shot.

I respectfully disagree. I would crop out the top portion to get the horizon out of the center. The waves are spectacular. The color and texture and the sun over the waves is very beautiful. I would enphasize that over the more typical sky. JSD

I see your point on that, a good spot would be where the sky "flattens out" and loses texture. My concern with cropping the top was the loss of space by the rocks. Either way, top or bottom, it needs crooped. IMO. Or crop the bottom just below the first big wave.
 
I would crop about half of the bottom out of the shot. Doing so will accent the colors in the sky more, which is what you expect to be the main focus in a sunset shot.

I respectfully disagree. I would crop out the top portion to get the horizon out of the center. The waves are spectacular. The color and texture and the sun over the waves is very beautiful. I would enphasize that over the more typical sky. JSD

I see your point on that, a good spot would be where the sky "flattens out" and loses texture. My concern with cropping the top was the loss of space by the rocks. Either way, top or bottom, it needs crooped. IMO. Or crop the bottom just below the first big wave.

Perhaps bump the exposure up a little on the foreground?
 
4416041020_b7e9a772e4_b.jpg


I say WOW, I love this shot.

I hope you do not mind, I cropped this a little, real quick


My wife loves red/orange colors and the sea.
I would purchase this photo from you, for her. If you are interested in selling this, let me know.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom