Sunset at the Boat Harbour.

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Summer here in Western Australia and so far it has been bloody hot! A couple from Hillary's Boat Harbour. A nice place to hang and try and catch a cool breeze.

hillarys1.jpg
hillarys2.jpg

I'm assuming you took these with your new Nikon Z6, very lovely shots of what looks like a good day to hang at Hillary's. I especially like the sun rays in the 1st pic.

With all those nice boats I have to wonder just how many millionaires live there.

We have a lovely -1C, 15 knot breeze for you right here today, Come on over.

Nice set. I like #1. It has a very nice sunset feel to it.

I'm assuming you took these with your new Nikon Z6, very lovely shots of what looks like a good day to hang at Hillary's. I especially like the sun rays in the 1st pic.

With all those nice boats I have to wonder just how many millionaires live there.
Yes, I took these with the Z6. I am really enjoying this camera,. It has a similar feel to my old G9 but having a full frame sensor it has far greater dynamic range and you can really lift the shadows without introducing noise or losing detail. There are a lot of "mining" millionaires in Perth, either directly or supplying mining companies. None of those yachts are mine lol.

Thanks. A -1C breeze is just what we need to take the edge of the heat :)

Yes, I took these with the Z6. I am really enjoying this camera,. It has a similar feel to my old G9 but having a full frame sensor it has far greater dynamic range and you can really lift the shadows without introducing noise or losing detail. There are a lot of "mining" millionaires in Perth, either directly or supplying mining companies. None of those yachts are mine lol.

Thanks. A -1C breeze is just what we need to take the edge of the heat :)

Silly you, you forgot to ask Santa for one again. :icon_santa:
Sounds like a nice camera.

Stapo, I hope you don't mind (your profile here says you don't), but I was just twitching to see your second image cropped like this. Your exposure on the boats is so lovely, and I wanted to see what the crop did to force the eye on them. The boats, the bird, and the neat clouds are what make this shot IMO. What do you think of this crop?

stapo 1.jpg

Stapo, I hope you don't mind (your profile here says you don't), but I was just twitching to see your second image cropped like this. Your exposure on the boats is so lovely, and I wanted to see what the crop did to force the eye on them. The boats, the bird, and the neat clouds are what make this shot IMO. What do you think of this crop?

View attachment 201830

I like it. It does focus the eye more as opposed to it meandering around the image. I might even look at a crop on the left hand side to see how that looks. Thanks for your input. ;)

No problem! It looks like a beautiful place to shoot. :) Would love to see your crop, too!

Most reactions

Back