Sunset from the 34th floor, Manhattan, NY

Click1602

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, Im new here. Looking forward to your thoughts and possible ways to improve my photos! Thanks :)
IMG_1549_zpsusn3royf.jpg

I really like the colors in the sky, but I think the foreground needs to have some more definition. I think dark could work, but right now, if you hadn't told me that you were over a city, I'm not sure it would immediately be recognizable as such.

Agree with the post above - gorgeous sky but not enough foreground visible. Can you lift the shadows at all? Did you shoot this in RAW?

IMG_1549%201_zpscnjr1ii8.jpg

SOOC

I thought it was less than desirable as is :/

Something in between? The buildings aren't all that interesting so I don't mind them being silhouetted, but the version in the OP was too much. And crop a sliver off the left side to get rid of that bit of building that made it into the frame.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the tips and I see what I can improve on.

Since your profile says photos are ok to edit, and that sky is so pretty, I wanted to give it a shot. It wasn't a RAW file to work with but I think lifting the shadows and bringing down the highlights just a bit improves it. The buildings are interesting in that you captured some lights with nice flares on before full dark and the cranes are nicely detailed against the sky...

IMG_1549 1_zpscnjr1ii8a.jpg

Since your profile says photos are ok to edit, and that sky is so pretty, I wanted to give it a shot. It wasn't a RAW file to work with but I think lifting the shadows and bringing down the highlights just a bit improves it. The buildings are interesting in that you captured some lights with nice flares on before full dark and the cranes are nicely detailed against the sky...

View attachment 113988

Oh my goodness! This is beyond beautiful! I would love to be able to accomplish final images like this. I am in awe

I still consider myself a novice at editing so I'm glad you like it. I use PhotoShop Elements 11. All I did was lift the shadows, brought the highlights down a tiny bit and then used an unsharp mask (way easier than it sounds). What are you using for editing software?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back