Sunset in Layers

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is one I took last September, but just got to processing now. I thought the colors of the sky seemed to play up nicely in the west against the green countryside. Thanks for looking. C&C always appreciated. :)

IMG_3333_3-2_700_overlay_web3.jpg

NJ

I love the colours... however something doesn't seem right to me...
My eye is drawn to the right side of the photo in the middle.. the orange almost seems over saturated.. maybe a full quality version would look better?

I love the colours... however something doesn't seem right to me...
My eye is drawn to the right side of the photo in the middle.. the orange almost seems over saturated.. maybe a full quality version would look better?

Yes, I see what you mean. I believe the horizon is straight, but the cloud layer and orange sunset light layer seem to make it appear skewed. I may need to do something different. Thanks for the critique.

Great as always NJMAN. I always love your landscapes.

I agree on this one about something just a little not right (not sure what it is though). To me it does feel like the picture is a hair crooked when looking at the entire picture, but when I examine the horizontal lines, they appear to be straight.....weird. Great colors and contrast though and lovely composition.

Also the right side greenery (lower portion of pic) being darker gives that side of the photo a little heavier feeling and might be part of the "off-balance" issue I'm noticing. I don't know if you could do a gradient on that section to lighten it up a hair or not. Either way, very nice photo (take my critique with a grain of salt by the way, cause I couldn't manage to get a picture this nice).

Great as always NJMAN. I always love your landscapes.

I agree on this one about something just a little not right (not sure what it is though). To me it does feel like the picture is a hair crooked when looking at the entire picture, but when I examine the horizontal lines, they appear to be straight.....weird. Great colors and contrast though and lovely composition.

Also the right side greenery (lower portion of pic) being darker gives that side of the photo a little heavier feeling and might be part of the "off-balance" issue I'm noticing. I don't know if you could do a gradient on that section to lighten it up a hair or not. Either way, very nice photo (take my critique with a grain of salt by the way, cause I couldn't manage to get a picture this nice).

Thanks Nate. I appreciate it very much. You make some very valid points, and I have definitely considered them for future compositions. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back