Sunset+my friend+his car+sb-700= first try at flash photography...C/C please :)

daniel1540z

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so here's the shot of my friend and his car during the sunset. we drove an hours to take couple of pics of sunset. Unfortunately we got there a lil bit too late and the sun already hid. So we decided to take couple pics of the car +sunset in the background. My fiend asked to me take a pic with him next to the car, so here it is. my first photo using my sb-700...

DSC_01722 by Daniel Zielinski | Photography, on Flickr

Nice lighting but the tilted horizon doesn't do it for me

^ What he said and I cant see how you would straighten the horizon without the car and your friend looking at an odd angle. Really like the sky and the overall lighting. Did you do a long ewxposure with a flash on the second shutter or something?

Nice shot, good exposure and lighting. The tilted horizon will always be a contentious issue on here, but I for one don't hate it in this shot.

so the horizon should be always straight?

so the horizon should be always straight?
There really are no 'always' situations in photography; things like angled horizons are much like HDR. There are proponents and opponents... if you're the artist and it works for you, that's what counts. That said, I'm not a fan of it myself, but at least it's enough of an angle to appear deliberate. What I would like to see is at least one more strobe providing some fill light to the front of the car.

tirediron said:
There really are no 'always' situations in photography; things like angled horizons are much like HDR. There are proponents and opponents... if you're the artist and it works for you, that's what counts. That said, I'm not a fan of it myself, but at least it's enough of an angle to appear deliberate. What I would like to see is at least one more strobe providing some fill light to the front of the car.

yeah i know i need second strobe. unfortunately when i was taking that pic i had only one... two days later i irdered second one... yn-560ex i think

Most reactions

New Topics

Back