Sunset over Mark Twain Lake

cdryden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got lucky and the sky lit up for me tonight.
14672879_10210035556233087_1098492878_o.jpg

Yeah, I'll fix that, sorry.

That's a really nice sky!

Mind if I use this as my desktop background?
yes you may, thanks for asking first.

Is it actually twelve feet deep?
So, you actually are a gentleman AND a scholar! Believe it or not, Sam Clemens was born just a short distance from where I took this picture. Just across the lake and to the right. Only, it wasn't a lake back then!

I hear the lake was formed when Halley's comet hit the Earth there or something...

I hear the lake was formed when Halley's comet hit the Earth there or something...
Well, Samuel Clemens was born and died with the coming of Halleys comet 1835-1910, but the lake was made when they dammed up the Salt river in the 70's. As far as I know the comet is still in it's orbit due to come back around sometime in 2061!

Well, Samuel Clemens was born and died with the coming of Halleys comet 1835-1910, but the lake was made when they dammed up the Salt river in the 70's. As far as I know the comet is still in it's orbit due to come back around sometime in 2061!
I know. It was a weak attempt at making an obviously erroneous statement based loosely of misconstrued facts in the name of humor. Sorry.

I know. It was a weak attempt at making an obviously erroneous statement based loosely of misconstrued facts in the name of humor. Sorry.
Don't be sorry, it made me laugh!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back