Sunset Starburst

spiralout462

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from this shot BUT I haven't posted it here for the people who are more honest and intelligent ;). I really was just experimenting since I couldn't get the foreground I was hoping for. The cloud detail has been pretty incredible around here lately though.

sunset starburst 2 resized.jpg

Here's another, same area different night.
sunset clouds2 resized.jpg

beautiful scenery. Try not to center your subject, in the 1st case the sunburst. Likewise your horizon would look better on the bottom third line, not so close to the bottom. Keep it up!

I like the colors and clouds in that first one. I'm not crazy about the sunburst. IMO, it's a bit too something to come off as genuine. Maybe too symmetrical? Or too big? Or too defined? Or maybe too prominent... Probably some combination of those things...

Thanks guys for taking a look! This is exactly what I am hoping for. Ya'll help me more than you realize.

I might have been tempted to photoshop out a couple of prominent lens flare points in image 1. Especially the one that is center-left in the top third of the image. OTOH, maybe that's what you were going for, so dunno.

Liked both, BTW

I might have been tempted to photoshop out a couple of prominent lens flare points in image 1. Especially the one that is center-left in the top third of the image. OTOH, maybe that's what you were going for, so dunno.
Liked both, BTW

I wrestled with that decision but decided to leave all the aberrations since that was pretty much the goal from the start.

Thanks for the feedback!

In the first one you should've put the first horizontal line of rule of third on the horizon, and then the image would show more of the water.

Most reactions

Back