Sunset under Pier

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the same location, Hanalei Pier, I posted previously. This is a different day at sunset. I tried a few different comps. I was lucky because this was one of the only days the sun set over the water.

Many of the days the sun would disappear behind clouds just before hitting the horizon.

Sunset Under Pier by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr

Last edited:
I liked the previous one better. The leading lines in the former just can't be beat.
This one has better texture on the cement, obviously better colour, and I like the almost symmetrical positioning of sun and vanishing point square of pier. Not a huge fan of the boat.

I did not like the prior image at all, and found it boring. This on the other hand, is fairly attractive to me. Whereas the earlier image was all dark and mono-toned, this one has all sorts of wonderful light-play on the roof of the concrete pier, the left-most support piling, and the surface of the water, and the waves are interesting too. The earlier photo appeared to be a long exposure, which sort of evens out the motion of water, and gives a dull, lifeless look to ocean water. This has some feeling of movement in the closest waves. The low clouds by the sun, and the higher clouds in the large open sky space, all that works well. To me this is an interesting photo,and one I want to look at.

I know you know what it looks like for real but the rest of us don't so we won't know any better -- flip it. Then clone out the boat. Very nice photo.

Joe

I really like it.

I liked the previous one better. The leading lines in the former just can't be beat.
This one has better texture on the cement, obviously better colour, and I like the almost symmetrical positioning of sun and vanishing point square of pier. Not a huge fan of the boat.

Yeah. Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to remove the boat and make a small change to the tonality of the light at the end of the pier: thanks.

I did not like the prior image at all, and found it boring. This on the other hand, is fairly attractive to me. Whereas the earlier image was all dark and mono-toned, this one has all sorts of wonderful light-play on the roof of the concrete pier, the left-most support piling, and the surface of the water, and the waves are interesting too. The earlier photo appeared to be a long exposure, which sort of evens out the motion of water, and gives a dull, lifeless look to ocean water. This has some feeling of movement in the closest waves. The low clouds by the sun, and the higher clouds in the large open sky space, all that works well. To me this is an interesting photo,and one I want to look at.

Funny the comment above you as almost the exact opposite ;).

I liked the other one for its strict symmetry and very controlled and ethereal feel.

This one was much more of a project both exposure blending and finding the right crop

I know you know what it looks like for real but the rest of us don't so we won't know any better -- flip it. Then clone out the boat. Very nice photo.

Joe

Why flip it? Something visually you'd find more appealing?

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back