Super bummed! Just dropped my D90 on concrete...

Unspoiled

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ajlorello2.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't been this bummed out in a long time. The body seems ok but the lens went flying. I want to get the body checked out and the lens repaired.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is the lens a write off?

Thanks for listening to me pout....:grumpy:

Lens%20damage.jpg

thats the problem with plastic mounts... that really stinks.. hopefully the repair isnt too costly

I've been wanting a new lens...Just not the way I wanted to go about it. I fixed the warping by loosening the screws and re-seating the mount. The lens won't focus or provide any feedback to the body.

I am going to take it tomorrow to see if I can get it fix and shop for a new lens.

Lesson learned! I just hate when it's the hard way.

oof. Sorry, man. That's why I always double wrap the strap around my wrist. Not that it will necessarily save me, but I'm terrified of just this situation.

Good luck with it.

Oh man! I'm sorry dude, I would die dude. :(

What made you drop it?

Dang :(

This is why I insure my gear.
Do you guys just put it under your homeowners or something similar?

What made you drop it?
It fell out of my camera bag as I was grabbing something out of my car. I had it half zippered in but when I bent over the bag shifted and slipped out. It was one of those times when you attempt to catch it, you actually are accelerating it to the ground.

I manages to get the warp out of the mount and tried it on the body. Unfortunately the mount ring is damaged to the point that it won't engage to the body. Going to take it tomorrow to see if I can get it fixed. Maybe it's time to get that 50/1.4 that I've been wanting. I wanted to spend the money on a decent flash first...Oh well.

Last edited:
I am really sorry to see this. To me this is like dropping my own kid.

I never buy any insurance for my photo gear. After seeing this, I think I should. Is it generic to insuring a car, a house or it requires special insurance?

Thanks.

Exactly why I purchased the insurance from Best Buy for 4 years. Unfortunately **** happens.

one time I sent a kit lens from the old Nikon N50 flying out of the camera bag as I grap it out of the car. Luckily it came out okay, not seem damage. We never bother to test it again because we're using the D40 so that lens won't work with a D40 either way. Moral of the story, never leave your bag unzip, I always make sure my bag is zip now.

but to the OP, sorry to hear that man, I hope it doesn't cost much to fix.

Most reactions

Back