What's new

surf city pier

MightyLeeMoon

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
Location
Charlotte, NC
me and the fiance just got back from surf city, north carolina. took a bunch of shots. only have one processed so far.

this is a shot of the pier:

2857307838_3b0ae30225_o.jpg
 
I've seen this type of a shot sooooo many times; but I really like this. Nice work!
 
Thanks guys!

I took some that I plan to not do the HDR thing to. But...since I'm still new to it...I just can't help myself. :-D
 
Usually I don't like highly processed HDR shots but this is really cool. The sky is amazing - the contrails and cloud patterns are really dramatic. And I like the sharpness of the textures on the pier itself, the sand, the water. And the desaturated colors are subtle but pleasing - very grungy. Definitely commercial-quality work.

The only thing I would have done is cropped a bit lower so that there would be a little bit of sand under the left-most support of the pier to frame the subject a bit.
 
Thanks Chris!

Now that you point it out....I agree about the crop. But, this is the whole shot. I'm now wishing I had framed it a touch downward to give a little more sand and a touch less sky.
 
i like the muted effect
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom