surreal Portrait

L

laurenvictoria

Heres a portrait i took of my friend. Playing with light and fog. let me know your thoughts!

Attachments

• $englsih.jpg
    $englsih.jpg
    970.5 KB · Views: 98
Not entirely sure I'd call it 'surreal', but it's a nice image. I think the highlight on her forehead might be just a touch warm however.

Fixed that hot spot a tiny bit.

Attachments

• $fixed.jpg
    $fixed.jpg
    774.3 KB · Views: 113
I get what you were after. I still think the hot spots are too intense, and are shifting toward that telltale "digital that was over-exposed" yellow Caucasian skintone look. I think her right shoulder looks pretty large...something says to me, "Short focal length lens from pretty close range." I think she's a bit square-on to the lens...it makes her seem static, and makes her look, well, kind of broad. For example, the chest area above her right breast; that looks pretty wiiiiide; the area where her hair rests on her chest on the opposite side looks much more-narrow by comparison; this is again, the short lens from too close thing coming through. I will give you "props" though for trying to go with a different and novel concept, and I DO LIKE the feeling of light coming in through smoke or whatnot. This is not the average, everyday, run of the mill "look"...it's a bit different.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back