sushi pics

nvmywrx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I busted out my camera today its been in retirement for a little. Tell me what you think.

sushi_2_by_simulatedreams.jpg

sushi_by_simulatedreams.jpg

#2 your sushi is completely out of focus. Sorry you took the time to frame it.

On the other hand, I think the first one would look better with a frame. Also, they're static and centered which takes away from interest. Shape is something it has going for it- kind of a minimalist square in circle. Keep shooting!

#2 your sushi is completely out of focus. Sorry you took the time to frame it.

ive heard of criticism but thats just rude it took a good 10 seconds to frame it i dunno what i will do with my life now. I also wouldn't go as far as saying completely out of focus.

anyways thanks for the input.

I think you used wrong colour plate. White colour rice sitting on white colour plate? How about on brown colour plate, or any colour that you think is match. Alternatively, you can change the colour of the rice to suit the plate.:D

I think you used wrong colour plate. White colour rice sitting on white colour plate? How about on brown colour plate, or any colour that you think is match. Alternatively, you can change the colour of the rice to suit the plate.:D

I agree...too much white on white. neat idea though!

the funny thing is when i was uploading the pictures i realized that i should of used a different color plate but that was after the sushi was gone haha.:lol: i guess i can always get more and try it out.

The sushi itself in #1 is pretty nice, but it's hard to tell because of the aforementioned problem with the plate coloring. You might be able to fix that somewhat by isolating the plate and adjusting the lighting/contrast to distinguish the sushi from the plate a bit.

On #2 I would try to clean up the spots on the table (in pp). They really distract. Also I agree with Robitussin about the composition issues in this one.

also in number 1 if you're shooting in the daytime, you could use a polarizing filter to remove the reflection on the table above the plate. Are those california rolls? MMM. do they have sahimi there? if so, it's often more colourful and so a white plate would be a wonderful background.

I agree, I like the thought of the sushi on a coloured plate (brown would be nice as it just seems natural to sushi) and then the plate being on a white surface if you want the sort of clean professional look.

thanks for the input everyone. I do have a polarized filter i forgot about that I need to find it! thanks for reminding me. Also I am going to try to shoot this again. I only shot it just cause I was about to eat it and said "hey this looks cool" The first shot wasn't really edited like the second one because i didn't like it as much. I also got some new toys to mess around with. I will defiantly use a better plate. Maybe i can try some other rolls. I'm not a big fan of sushi i just thought it looked cool but i do enjoy California rolls and Shrimp Tempura. once again thanks everyone on the input!!!!

Most reactions

Back