Sweet and Salty - The London TPF meetup

Street Boogy

tpf5.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Great shots Tony :biggrin:

I'm so tired from our day I think I'm beyond sleep, went to bed and got up again, argh, I'm sure work is going to be a ball in the morning!!!

Yay :cheer: ... meet-up photos are arriving!!! :D I hope these are not the last to arrive into this thread. I had so wanted to be with you for the meet-up (though by the bumpy start that it took it might have been wiser to just stay at home instead of jetting over in the morning and back home at night), so now your photos must recompensate me for my NOT belonging to the jet-set, and for my NOT being there myself!

Louise, good to see you again, too. "Kylie", that is, heehee.

For Alex, since he doesn't seem to know who you are, "Kylie" (Louise aka LilLoui): Check_out_this_thread ;)

What dance are you doing there, LP, the hokey pokey???

don't be stupid! I was doing the Otter Rock
oh come on I had to mention Otters in there somewhere :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ok 2 if you count the pint of Lemonade
I thought you had one beer and two lemonades? AND a coffee!

2 Ferny with a digital camera ok it was a camera phone
I want a DSLR now. :meh:

That looks rude. :shock:

Street Boogy
Thank feck for that. I thought I was the only one who made an arse of myself. ;)

Not quite - his was in London taking blurry pictures
VERY blurry. Even after Becky showed me how to use it properly.

Gotta say, really good photos all of you. That's what's making me want a DLSR now. That and when they break I'll realise...

I'm more than up for another meet soon. If you'll accept me back. When is everyone thinking? Are we moving north and away from London?

GERMANY May 24 - 31, 2008

Did someone say something? ;)

Forgot to add, if a trip up north, south, east, wherever (not west though, that lot are strange) I should have 2-3 seats free in the car depending on if Sarah goes. If people don't mind sitting in the back with no belts (my driving's ok, as I'm not a girl - thanks Becky) and we all split the petrol we can get to most places for less than £10 each there and back. Plus a boot for gear. :)

^^^^ That sounds more like LP. And, umm, how many pubs were there?

(Hi Louise!!)

Hello,
yes we had a fantastic day, even though most of us were late (joys of public transport!) - The one I was on decided to stop for 20mins at Bethnal Green as there was an 'incident' at Liverpool St - Don't people realise that by jumping they're not actually gonna get any attention, just annoy alot of people!!

Found the group after walking outside & back in again & spotting Andy. Waited around for Tony & then headed to Tottenham Court Road. All of us going down into the tube again & most of us not knowing where we were going!
We headed to the British Museum with Becky being our guide from N.Ireland (she did actually get us there!) We then stopped in cafe for much needed food & watering of the troops. Then headed to the Museum.

I stopped to look at the stone cat as it had x-rays & I thought one might have been put in there - but it was just to see a metal rod in it's neck, disappointed I went out & found I was all alone! Thought about playing the 'Where's my Mum?!?!' and crying role but then decided against it as I'm a little bit old & I wasn't looking for my Mum...

I then felt a tap on my bag & saw Tempra, no idea where anyone else was. Tony was also kind enough to bring along a camera for me to use as my little digital decided to die a short while ago!
We headed to the King's Library & had a look, then met up with the others & went up a couple flights of stairs! (huff puff, c'mon fellas!)

Took more photos then headed back to the tube & went to Charring cross? I pulled out some nibblies from somewhere in Asia that are salty corn with a streak of sweet stuff (described as wotsits with sweet bit) and shared them around.
We then walked into 'The Coal Hole' got drinks, ventured downstairs to find some where to sit & were told it was for food only. I mentioned that there were no seats upstairs & that we were only going to drink and as that bench with a row of high stools was just there...

A while later we navigated our way to the river & walked up to Big Ben taking photos along the way. Pit stop, Andy grabbed a burger & we walked along the bridge to the Aquarium, had a boogy in the flashing lights, checked out the London Eye & it's security guards checking everyone for bombs. Then over the foot bridge to Charring Cross. Where I stopped and bought some roasted chestnuts to share and headed to another pub to conclude our day.

Well thanks for listening and I hope that's a nice snap shot of our day out in London! (excuse the puns!)

Cheers, Louise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back