syringe - some might think it disgusting

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just experimenting a bit today. Cannot decide if this is plain disgusting, simply boring, or anything in between. Please give me your thoughts.

_MG_0504.jpg

Reminds me of something you would see on a little pamplet in a doctors office, or a poster in a doctors office talking about a disease of somesort. Good clean shot though.

Nice shot, good composition. It literally sent a little pain down my vein though!

Looks like you could sell it to a drug prevention group for poster printing. I think it looks good but it is a little disturbing. Was this made with a lightbox?

It's interesting for sure - a little gross but ony if that kind of thing grosses you out. LOL I just um... don;t want to know if that si real blood and where you got it. No seriously. Don't tell me. :)

Cool.
It is not blood we see here, is it?
It is a colour?!

I wish I had that kind of lightbox. Accounts for some good light effects!!!

Cool.
It is not blood we see here, is it?
It is a colour?!

I wish I had that kind of lightbox. Accounts for some good light effects!!!

Thanks .. as for the blood, I should not spoil it, should I? ;)

As for the lightbox, all you need is a white-ish kind of glass plate and put a light source beneath it.

Looks great, but what do you want it to represent...?
(The old "what is the artist trying to tell us?" thing ;))

The reason I´m asking is cos in my medical years I saw a lot of that sort of thing but never a syringe lying in a pool of blood...is the intention perhaps something about the dangers of lab accidents and infectious materials...what NOT to do etc?

Looks great, but what do you want it to represent...?
(The old "what is the artist trying to tell us?" thing ;))

The reason I´m asking is cos in my medical years I saw a lot of that sort of thing but never a syringe lying in a pool of blood...is the intention perhaps something about the dangers of lab accidents and infectious materials...what NOT to do etc?

OK, I saw this question coming ... and this is because there was no origial intent other than make it look good. Actually, that syringe was used to apply the "blood" for some experimental shots on a lightbox. Then I suddenly thought, hmm, why not take a picture of the syringe itself.

If anyone could give this image a meaning, I would be more than glad ;)

Your ideas are not really bad.

We could also claim it says "stop blood doping" and relates to the current Tour de France ;)

Well composed shot and good use of dof.
Nige

Thanks :) .. However, the more i look at it the more posterization i see. Maybe I will reduce the contrast in the bright parts a bit.

I'm not sure i like it either, for the same reasons as yourself, but as for composition, exposure, dof etc. i think its spot on.

as for the "blood" i think it needs to be much less diluted to have a stronger effect, it looks like you cut food colouring and water? maybe try straight food colouring. maybe something thicker?

JC

you were using a hypodermic needle to apply drops of liquid to your light box?? strange, but ok, lol, i like the shot, but i agree that it looks a bit too diluted, in the syringe it looks good, but on the light box, it just seems too thin.. although i dont know what blood looks like on a light box

Most reactions

Back