Thanks all!
I'm not sure i like it either, for the same reasons as yourself, but as for composition, exposure, dof etc. i think its spot on.
as for the "blood" i think it needs to be much less diluted to have a stronger effect, it looks like you cut food colouring and water? maybe try straight food colouring. maybe something thicker?
JC
I agree, to make it look more like standard blood, it should be darker. Now it looks more like what you get when a bullet pierced your lung (blood loaded with oxygen, sorry, my military past coming through

).
But anyway, it was never meant to have a blood look. My original plan was to create something shiny, less liquid and rather transparent, but I failed. It is much less liquid than water, but not as thick as I wanted it yet. And it was not meant to be used in this sort of image, just since I had that red liquid, I gave it a try.
shorty6049 said:
you were using a hypodermic needle to apply drops of liquid to your light box?? strange, but ok, lol, i like the shot, but i agree that it looks a bit too diluted, in the syringe it looks good, but on the light box, it just seems too thin.. although i dont know what blood looks like on a light box
I only added the needle after I took a few shots without the needle
A problem is certainly the back light regarding the diluteness.
DSLR noob said:
how else was he supposed to get it out of his arm?
Shhh, do not tell anyone
Iron Flatline said:
My Goodness man, save this kind of work for winter, when the weather sucks. Get out of the house!
You know, these days it is just pouring down

.. But you are right, sometimes I miss good outdoor opportunities because I do someting indoors.. ok, tomorrow I will take my lightbox out to the forest :lmao:
dispic1 said:
Som,etimes I hate my server

a reload might help!
cherrymoose said:
It does make me shiver a bit, since I do not like needles AT ALL, but otherwise it's definitely a 'lovely' shot, and the dof is spot on.
I do not like them either... that is why I put it in

.. well, first one to call it lovely
sayambhu said:
thats very well done indeed, very unusual kind of photograph !
Thanks
