T man helping me out.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Getting some practice in and updating pictures of this little guy. He is growing up way to fast.

Both shot with 7D mk II, 85mm f/1.8, 1/250 at f/8. Streaklight 360 at 1/8th power using a parapet 38" octabox, white reflector underneath in a clamshell lighting technique.

Ron-Headshots-32.jpg

Ron-Headshots-40.jpg

Last edited:
The face is sculpted beautifully with that lighting, but he sure caught a lot of green from the gas monkey shirt. I've been planning to try this setup when I get a willing subject, with the curved reflector below a diffused key light.

Nice job on a handsome young man. I suspect it won't be long till the young ladies will be taking an active interest in him, then there will be no time for pictures. I actually prefer the second, it just seems to show more personality. Just a little negative, in both i would clone out the blemish on the end of the nose. In the 2nd I'm not fond of the right hand hidden and the left exposed.

The face is sculpted beautifully with that lighting, but he sure caught a lot of green from the gas monkey shirt. I've been planning to try this setup when I get a willing subject, with the curved reflector below a diffused key light.

Thank you. That set up is exactly how I did these images.

Nice job on a handsome young man. I suspect it won't be long till the young ladies will be taking an active interest in him, then there will be no time for pictures. I actually prefer the second, it just seems to show more personality. Just a little negative, in both i would clone out the blemish on the end of the nose. In the 2nd I'm not fond of the right hand hidden and the left exposed.

Thanks Smoke. I noticed the nose but wasn't sure about fixing it. I have fixed it and will replace those images.

As for personality, here is another one that I like as well.

Ron-Headshots-34.jpg

@ronlane that one is good also, but I still prefer the second in the first set, as it shows more of the eyes.

Most reactions

Back