T3i battery never "fully" charged?

CovXX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
covxx.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just recently purchased my T3i, brand new,only 1 or 2 weeks ago, something I noticed is that if I take the battery off the charged and put it right back on it'll say charging again.

Is this something normal or should i contact canon?

Thanks!

It could be just that the charger automatically starts charging when a battery is inserted no matter what the battery state is, does it take long to indicate that the battery is charged when you do that?

Sounds pretty normal. I think that the charger only knows that the battery is 'full' because the rate at which is accepts a charge, drops (or is has increased resistance)....something like that.
So when you put it back on, the charger starts charging as normal...but it may take a short while for it to realize that the battery is actually fully charged.

It could be just that the charger automatically starts charging when a battery is inserted no matter what the battery state is, does it take long to indicate that the battery is charged when you do that?
Not at all
Sounds pretty normal. I think that the charger only knows that the battery is 'full' because the rate at which is accepts a charge, drops (or is has increased resistance)....something like that.
So when you put it back on, the charger starts charging as normal...but it may take a short while for it to realize that the battery is actually fully charged.
Thanks for that explanation! I was scared that I might have done something wrong haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back