Take a better snap of this

vivdub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

It has been few days since I have started using Canon T1i.
I took this photo indoors.
IMG_2655

Now this is the best I could have taken snap of this, still its not as sharp.
The camera was steady on a surface, shutter speed slow, exposure max that it has at 4.5, ISO 200, else it looks grainy.

What else can be done, with my equipment ?
I have a sigma 70-300mm lens and canon 30-50mm lens.

Thanks

It's way out of focus. Either the AutoFocus is not finding proper focus, or the subject is simply too close that the lens cannot focus at that distance.

^This.

Also, don't worry too much about upping the ISO. You shot at 1/2 second so either add some light or bump the ISO.

You need to raise your shutter speed. Your exposure time was 1/2 second which is wayyyy too slow to hand-hold Typically, and especially for those new to photography, 1/60 is about as slow as you can hand-hold with any lens. As well there's the "focal length recipricoal" rule, which says that your shutter speed should be the next higher speed than the reciprocal of your focal length; in other words, if your focal length is 100mm, than your shutter speed needs to be at least 1/100 of a second, which will normally become 1/125. In this case your focal length was 70mm. 1/125 would have been a good bet here.

You couldn't achieve that shutter speed because there simply wasn't enough light. You need to either increase your ISO significantly (in this case ISO 6,400 - 12,800) or add more light (the better bet). If you use a flash than you will have no problem.

Thanks to all.
I will give another try adding in more light and increasing shutter.

ok so here is the re-attempt with another lens that I have.
I have taken this from really close, keeping same things in mind, but no extra lighting (I don't have any for now).
Is this a better shot ? It looks sharp to me.
What further improvements can be done ?
Here is it:
IMG_2662

ok so here is the re-attempt with another lens that I have.
I have taken this from really close, keeping same things in mind, but no extra lighting (I don't have any for now).
Is this a better shot ? It looks sharp to me.
What further improvements can be done ?
Here is it:
IMG_2662

Much better. The major improvement would be to construct some sort of set to eliminate the fussy background. I would probably include the entire stuffed animal.

Yep.... mucho better. Focus is on target.

And like fmw says, declutter the background.

Hi all,

With your suggestions, here is again an improved version of it.
This time I added a light source, basically my mobile flash light and I think it did a good job.
IMG_2667

Thanks

Hi,

It has been few days since I have started using Canon T1i.
I took this photo indoors.
IMG_2655

Now this is the best I could have taken snap of this, still its not as sharp.
The camera was steady on a surface, shutter speed slow, exposure max that it has at 4.5, ISO 200, else it looks grainy.

What else can be done, with my equipment ?
I have a sigma 70-300mm lens and canon 30-50mm lens.

Thanks

I am confused by your Flickr.

Why are there so many professional images that are taken by someone else uploaded by you?

I'm just curious if you got permission for all of those photographs you have uploaded.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am confused by your Flickr.

Why are there so many professional images that are taken by someone else uploaded by you?

I'm just curious if you got permission for all of those photographs you have uploaded.

Those are stock images which I use else where (like on blogs), and use flickr to just host them.
I don't use it to showcase that I have taken those.
The current images that I am taking are in a separate album.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back