Taking a shot at posting my first pic

Myaem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So we took the baby to the great adventure safari, the day after I got my camera. She loves to see the animals come up to the car window. I took the camera with me, mainly to take silly pictures of her cute face so I can show the family how excited she gets. I wasn't aiming for perfection. (Ok, enough excuses)

I only took a few pics but keep in mind, I still haven't taken the camera off auto. I promise i'm working on it. I see so many people posting amazing pictures that I think look perfect. I see comments on those pictures afterward and am even more confused that i'm not seeing any of the stuff you guys do. So frustrating. I'm gonna keep reading and checking them out, hopefully i'll get it eventually.

I figured, if I posted a picture I took, maybe i'd understand more.
So here it goes...

DSC_0031-PScropped.jpg

Oh and nothing really professional or out of the ordinary, just a picture of the kid. She's quite cute :sexywink:

marinacutie.jpg

I'm loving the giraffe, it looks almost unreal

The giraffe is an excellent capture; a one in a thousand position. The child is a cute, informal portrait. Both images are fine technically (exposure, wb, etc). While it may be luck or skill, the composition of the giraffe is perfect, the diagonal of his (her?) neck leads the eye through the image to the head. Textbook!. The child is cute, but is not terribly unique.

Thanks everyone :)

The giraffe picture was for sure a one in a million shot. I have a few pictures of buffalo that will show how much of a noob I really am :)

Hey, but who knows, maybe I have a talent i'm not aware of :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back