Taking good, interesting macro shots

hotrocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hotrocks22.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have a camera with a macro setting (a good one) and ive been taking some macro shots of flowers, etc. I'm at a lack of creativity though.....I can't think of any good ideas for interesting, less superficial macro shots

help please

Well, I sometimes have the problem too. Finding new angles for creative shots is not always easy. What helps me tho is looking at other photographers' galleries. Not to steal their ideas however. Looking at others' work simply helps you get a bit better in the same way you just cannot be a good musician without listening to others' music.

just go walk around somewhere. go to a new location. there's always something cool. textures make interesting macro subjects, especially when there are contrasting textures right next to each other.

With macro I think you should think outside the square a little and see if you can find some abstract patterns, you might find them in the most unexpected places.

Apart from the, seeing something up close you normally don't take notice of or a shot that has brilliant colour is always interesting.

Well, I sometimes have the problem too. Finding new angles for creative shots is not always easy. What helps me tho is looking at other photographers' galleries. Not to steal their ideas however. Looking at others' work simply helps you get a bit better in the same way you just cannot be a good musician without listening to others' music.

Stealing ideas is generally fine, after all, someone had to invent the door. You will not be able to take the same photo that someone else took, although trying may help you to learn a lot about your lens.

i always have this problem, especially in winter when theres are lack of colorful "life" shots. i found that like molsen said textures are cool to photograph. never underestimate a patch of rust!!

Yes textures - I was experimenting yesterday with the cat's fur!

Most people take macro pictures of either plants or bugs, if those are things that interest you, just go to your local wilderness and see what you can find. If you feel you lack in composition, just get close and rotate your camera all around your subject and take 30+ photos. Your bound to have one you like, and eventually you'll figure out what angles and compositions suit you.

Take pictures of wet fruit. :)

Most reactions

Back