Taking photos on film sets + back on TPF!

naaaach

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey TPF! Haven't visited in a while...a year and a half ago to be exact. Great to see the community has grown, and hopefully I'll be visiting here more often. Anyway, since I last posted, I went into film school and upgraded from a Nikon D90 to a Canon 5D Mark III. Big jump, but it is an impressive camera--my primary function with it is to shoot short indie passion projects since its low light performance is phenomenal but I figured I could get back into developing my photography skills that I have put off for a year and a half.

Anyway, just got off set of a student shoot and I was the assigned set photographer. The shots before were taken between dialogue and during rehearsal, so I had to be quick on my feet. Even sneaked in my speedlite with the kitchen shot (triggered in the back of the kitchen) to balance the lighting of the background vs. sun on his face (or at least tried)! Feedback on lighting / composition / framing / crop, or just anything would be appreciated!

$_MG_9315.jpg$_MG_9349.jpg$_MG_9423.jpg$_MG_9467.jpg

Welcome back - one of the things that's changed in your absence is where things are posted for critique. Accordingly, I'll move these to the People Gallery.

Most reactions

Back