Taking pictures of white objects

That is cool. Would that look the same w/ the whole image? This seems more macro. I'd be shooting a picture of, lets say, a dozen of white roses w/ vase.

I'll give it a shot w/ a white sheet once I go home tonight. See what the result comes out to be.

No macro, 50mmF1.4 on a 1D

That is +1 exposure, I've done +2 and it was not a pretty site :thumbdown:

Was not worth this forum so I didn't post. I have 2 very small lights and that is where most of my problem lies.

Your problem is exposure in camera, you should be able to get a shot with what you have got

I'm using a Canon Digital Rebel EOS

I've used, AV, P, M, TV, heck I've even used the Macro setting.

Just had another look, your flower is too close to the background and the lights look too far away, move the flower away from the background 2-3 feet with one light behind the flower shinning on the background the other at 45 degress to the flower and about 2-3 feet away 45 degress the other side get some cooking tin foil on a board if you dont have a reflector set your camera in manual F5.6 @ 1/125 shoot and check the histogram if it is to the left use a slower shutter speed, if it is too far to the right use a faster shutter speed you want peaks and troughs across your histogram

Gsgary, here are some w/ some settings I've used. I didn't have tin voil or anything to bounce the light off though...

Test.jpg

This is the closest I got after Photoshop editing of the last image.

whiteStock.jpg

Last edited:
Gsgary, here are some w/ some settings I've used. I didn't have tin voil or anything to bounce the light off though...

Test.jpg

This is the closest I got after Photoshop editing of the last image.

whiteStock.jpg

It is no good trying to get it right after the shot if it is under exposed you will get lots of noise

So what would I need to do?? Turn off camera each time or wait a little?

Reset the shoot how i said and try different settings until you like the look of it no need to turn camera off just check histogram

Sorry Gary, I must be real confused. Thought thats what I did. I chose different settings. I changed the apature and white balance...first picture looked a lot darker then in the end, I got the 3rd result.

....sorry, I'm just confused here.

Sorry Gary, I must be real confused. Thought thats what I did. I chose different settings. I changed the apature and white balance...first picture looked a lot darker then in the end, I got the 3rd result.

....sorry, I'm just confused here.

Sorry i thought these were your original shots, the last one looks best for exposure, but i don't know what you have done with the editing

Sorry i thought these were your original shots, the last one looks best for exposure, but i don't know what you have done with the editing

Ok, the first 3 are differnt shots w/ different settings.

Large one is cleaned up through photoshop of the 3rd image. I did like 5-7 different things and then sharpened the image in the end to get that result. I went through level, curve, brightness, saturation, hue... :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back