What's new

Tamron 150-600 raw file

Here's my entry:

DSC_5604.jpg



The ONLY thing I did in Capture is a USM...38% intensity, 18% radius, 0% threshold.
 
Hmm, interesting. Ever since you posted that one thread when you tested the lens vs. your Sigma the Tamron images don't appear "unsharp".
The latest examples from this lens show that it is of very good IQ.
Was there some change in your process (or lack of) in your early shots with that lens ?
 
OK, I guess the mods missed my point that this is about a LENS! Anyways...

I would also go with the tighter crop myself..
Sorry guys, but NOPE, none of these are sharp enough. Kris just send me the lens and whichever body you used for this blurry mess. I will take care of the problem for you.
LOL, just send 1 million dollars to my half cousin nieces brother in law in Nicaragua and I will post it out to you..
Hmm, interesting. Ever since you posted that one thread when you tested the lens vs. your Sigma the Tamron images don't appear "unsharp".
The latest examples from this lens show that it is of very good IQ.
Was there some change in your process (or lack of) in your early shots with that lens ?
Well, I think the big thing was AF fine tune. At first the images were showing too much noise so I wasn't applying any sharpening as they had not as much detail as I thought they should have on a per pixel basis.. Also I was stuck in my mindset to change the WB because the Sigma didn't render the colors I remembered so I would change it to cloudy, sunny etc. The Tamron I started leaving on auto WB after reviewing images...
 
General gallery ???????. Not the first time I've seen a post moved like this in this forum, very strange.

I was confused too.. makes ya wonder what the mods are smoking, um I mean thinking, lol
 
No way is this not sharp. Kris, just ignore the naysayers, they are just jealous of your awesome lens and great photography skills.

On FM that would not surprise me at all Barb ;)

The RAW is darn sharp where it should be and just shows how good that lens is in the right hands. First noted that with Jaca and now Kris. I would buy one in a heart beat if needed, especially after having seen this RAW shot.

Kris; I know this is a silly question (normal for me), does the manual focus feel free and easy ?? Not worried about how it works image wise, I can already see that, but just curious on that feel with MF. Smooth and free moving would be good to know and how far does it need to turn. Next time I see Brian I'll try it, but a few thoughts from you would be great to know on that.

Danny.
 
Last edited:
No way is this not sharp. Kris, just ignore the naysayers, they are just jealous of your awesome lens and great photography skills.

On FM that would not surprise me at all Barb ;)

The RAW is darn sharp where it should be and just shows how good that lens is in the right hands. First noted that with Jaca and now Kris. I would buy one in a heart beat if needed, especially after having seen this RAW shot.

Kris; I know this is a silly question (normal for me), does the manual focus feel free and easy ?? Not worried about how it works image wise, I can already see that, but just curious on that feel with MF. Smooth and free moving would be good to know and how far does it need to turn. Next time I see Brian I'll try it, but a few thoughts from you would be great to know on that.

Danny.
Oh it's the other snobby gear forum that starts with DP... no name given. Mostly blowhards that don't have galleries. I just call people out now and ask for a link to their gallery and they normally just go away, lol... Anyways, The MF ring turns about 150 degrees, think noon to 5, so it is a very short travel. I often flick it with my thumb to min or max depending on where I think my subject will appear. It turns super easy and very smooth. Maybe too easy depending on what your used to... Hope that helps.. Something else that is neat, the max mag is listed at 1:5 on their specs, but it is closer to 1:4.2 so on my sensor 23.5 mm wide, at MFD the whole frame is about 102mm that is pretty wild at 600mm



I was confused too.. makes ya wonder what the mods are smoking, um I mean thinking, lol

In order to be an innernets forum mod, you first must undergo a full-frontal lobotomy.
viannen_56.gif
Frontal lobotomy or bottle in frontome? :cheers:
 
I liked this photo here is my rendition of it. I myself would have no complaints with this lens. I did crop a little as well just to put its eye closer to the corner.
$DSC_5604.webp
 
It looks good. If there's some primary or secondary colour abberation, it's very subtle, and no issue with a digital workflow. 600mm at f6.3 is maximum fl and aperture anyway with this lens? I reckon around 400mm, ~f11 it's probably at its best.
 
It looks good. If there's some primary or secondary colour abberation, it's very subtle, and no issue with a digital workflow. 600mm at f6.3 is maximum fl and aperture anyway with this lens? I reckon around 400mm, ~f11 it's probably at its best.



I found f/11 and f/16 to be identical in terms of IQ, all through the entire zoom range. Very little softening started to occur at 300mm. Very little.

Maximum apertures at all focal lengths were a bit worse, but not near as bad as most other lenses I own. Only at f/22 did the lens really start to degrade, and minimum aperture is fairly useless.
 
Had some fun with it :) Looks pretty sharp to me!

As this wasn't my image I put it on my photobucket instead of my flickr - to start with... It has definitely compressed this image badly when compared to flickr. Facebook does the same thing for me. I put the flickr up after to compare. Flickr is the top image and photobucket the bottom.

14317956785_b021626def_o.jpg


hawk-1_zps4794fc5a.jpg
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom